Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-2014-pincushion-needle-case-swap-%7E-sign-up-closes-march-1st-t241867.html)

JuneBillie 03-11-2014 07:35 AM

Well I am hoping to send out my needle book tomorrow. I am a slow poke. I usually can have a needle book done pretty quick, but I have been doing a little hand embroidery with this one so I have taken my time. It isn't over the top like the others I am seeing, but I have enjoyed working on it, and it's just a different one to add to our pics. I hope my special person will enjoy it.

I should have my pincushion out in the mail by the day after that since I will have time to put it together. lol....

In between those, I have also been working on piecing together a table runner for a special aunt of mine in Chicago.

Yesterday I got out my potting soil, and enjoyed planting some tiny little seeds of sweet banana peppers, and what I call leaf lettuce. Today I want to plant some onion seed, and maybe a few others. It depends on the ones that call for planting in a mound. Those may have to wait until we get an above the ground frame made. We also a few years ago bought this little mini green house, but not sure where to put it. Also need to repot some flowers I have had a long time. Ok, yes I love having my hands right in all the soil, planting, etc. I am one of those that will talk to my plants. lol...

We need to get some more bird seed to put in our bird feeders on our front porch. I love watching the birds. We have 4 that we keep full of seed, but we use to have more until we had a problem with a couple of squirrels that decided they liked them too.

I put it off again last year, but next month I will be painting my front porch. While I am doing that my husband will be putting some new flooring down in the living room. Neither of us have any energy so it should be interesting. lol...
Due to all of this I am sad to say that I won't be in the April swap here. I will be here though. lol... Can't get rid of me that easy!

We have a great bunch of talented people here, and more every day. Happy sewing!

nhnative 03-11-2014 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just barely got my yard rid of the snow and I'm getting 4-8 tomorrow with ice depending where you are. It was 58 out and really nice but I just can't believe more snow. I just went out in my yard to see if anything is coming up. Some of my daffodils were about a half an inch, some iris just starting, and my hellebore had some new shoots on it. My hyacinths still have snow on them and I haven't noticed any crocus on other peoples beds. I used to put out birdseed until I got the unwelcome squirrels in my garage. I trapped 2 of them and brought them for a ride to the National Park, 1 died from getting caught between my cabinets and the one that was left came back this winter and started to make a nest. I got rid of that and so far I haven't seen him. I do put suet cakes in the front of the yard and leave bread there. Here's a pic of my hellebore from last year. My yard is very wet right now

klaws 03-11-2014 11:36 AM

I mailed my pincushion and needlecase yesterday so my SP's should get them tomorrow. Watch for a package!

lynnie 03-11-2014 11:52 AM

to get rid of the squirrels, put red hot chili peppers in the birdseed. it will keep the squirrels away and make the birds feathers brighter and more colorful.

thanks for the photo of the pretty plant.
today it 70* and tomorrow we'll have snow. go figure.
started working on my aqua and white quilt. i'm hand quilting it, so it'll be awhile.
Susan, sorry we'll miss you, come back in may.
I hope by now my friend got her pc. she should have had it on Thursday, last.

nhnative 03-11-2014 01:07 PM

I'll have to try that. I've been working on my fleece mittens that I have to get done by Apr. I think I only have 29 pair so that's not too bad but I should have started them earlier. I always do things at the last minute.

JuneBillie 03-11-2014 03:04 PM

That plant is so pretty. Thank you for showing it to us. Today has been beautiful, but I think we have some winter going to show itself to us soon again too.

lynnie 03-11-2014 03:43 PM

my front yard is soggy like a marsh. almost all the snow is gone, tomorrow rin, then Thursday to the 30's for MORE snow!!!! aaargh!!. some little green sprouts are showing their heads already.

No one got pc's or nc's today?? not even my partner??? I hope she gets it soon.

lauriejo 03-12-2014 07:14 AM

Susan we will miss you next month, hopefully you will be back in May. I love having flowers, but it has been many years since I have really devoted much time to the yard. Back when my son was playing outside I would work on the gardens while he played, but the last few years I just can't summon the energy to do much. I think I must have caught a bug while I was at the ER on Friday cause I have been sick ever since. I haven't even been able to sit at the sewing machine. YUCK!

nhnative 03-12-2014 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo (Post 6622511)
Susan we will miss you next month, hopefully you will be back in May. I love having flowers, but it has been many years since I have really devoted much time to the yard. Back when my son was playing outside I would work on the gardens while he played, but the last few years I just can't summon the energy to do much. I think I must have caught a bug while I was at the ER on Friday cause I have been sick ever since. I haven't even been able to sit at the sewing machine. YUCK!

Something must be going around here. Last week my GD was sick and these past 3 days I'm not REALLY sick but I can tell I have something. Just to get my DM out today I left here at 9 and went through Brecksville and Broadview Heights and then it started snowing. I came back at 11 and it's snowing/rain here now. My DS is on his way home from work in Strongsville and he said the roads are really bad. So lucky for me I'm in the house for the rest of the day. I hope you are feeling better.

nhnative 03-12-2014 07:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 6621527)
That plant is so pretty. Thank you for showing it to us. Today has been beautiful, but I think we have some winter going to show itself to us soon again too.

It was 60 here yesterday and today it's now 32 with snow. I'm so done with winter. Here's a pic of what it should look like in May