Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-2014-pincushion-needle-case-swap-%7E-sign-up-closes-march-1st-t241867.html)

JuneBillie 03-28-2014 09:01 AM

Lauriejo it could be, but it's smaller like you could just put it in anywhere, and is filled with a special filler so that a couple of pins will not be left sticking through even if dropped in a pocket in a purse. It's very slender, and about 3" long. I know the kind you are talking about though.

Thank you lynnie. Yours will be there before you know it. The neat thing is you still get to look forward to a nice surprise. I hope they take pictures so we can see them too.

Seeing what everyone else gets is such fun. No two will ever be just alike either. Five people could all make the same pattern yet with different fabrics etc. and you have five different items.

lawsonmugs 03-28-2014 10:02 AM

Very cute needlebook and pin cushion.I love flower fabrics. I took the mystery train ride #6 and everyone made the same table topper and they all looked so different. So I get what you mean Susan.

lauriejo 03-28-2014 10:51 AM

I agree about the different looks. I've seen so many of the funky chicken pincushions and yet they all seem to have their own personality.

nhnative 03-28-2014 11:21 AM

Very nice needlecase and pincushion

lynnie 03-28-2014 11:24 AM

so true Susan!!! I've taken classes and we all do the same thing, but they all use different fabrics, and what a surprise of colors and designs...but they're all the same.

lauriejo 03-28-2014 02:23 PM

Well I have just discovered that I made a major mistake on my recordkeeping. When I was moving names around at the beginning I managed to miss out on putting lynnie's name down the second time as a recipient. All this time I had it in my head that her second pc was one of the people who had to ship late. I just realized this afternoon that in fact her second pincushion actually came to me. I am so embarassed that I didn't catch this mistake earlier.:o I was so busy checking off boxes as items received, I wasn't matching how many sent versus received. Or maybe I just can't count??? Can I blame it on the pain meds? Not really, just an major league brain fart. I throw myself on your mercy and beg for your forgiveness!

lynnie I can think of two ways to make this up to you, and it is entirely up to you. I will be happy to forward you one of the packages I received (and I will attach the pictures to this post), or I can make you a new pincushion from me. If you have another solution that you would prefer, please let me know. I just want to make sure you are happy. I am so sorry I made you wait all this time before I caught the mistake.
Pincushion #1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]469209[/ATTACH]
Pincushion #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]469210[/ATTACH]

Please know I am not offering these pincushions to lynnie because I am in anyway not thrilled with them, I just want to do what is fair to everyone. If I hadn't bungled my records one of these pincushions would have originally gone to lynnie. But then lynnie would lose the surprise factor, which is why I am offering her the unknown from me.

lynnie 03-28-2014 04:17 PM

O.K. So, as I said, I'm a size 10 in a ring, Larimar will be fine, a big pc 10-13 cts. please.

Only kidding. what ever is easier for you. there were no pictures in the attachments, so I'll leave it up to you. you can make one for me if you want to. So I figure I'll get it by next Saturday, right. Oh, and i'm going to a gem show looking for that larimar ring again. (I'm so picky, what's wrong with me???? I guess it's just years of seeing the same designs over and over, so I need something new and different).

lawsonmugs 03-28-2014 04:24 PM

Lauriejo, Lynnie says to send them both to me and also you should make another one for me so I end up with 3.I think that sounds fair and will solve the problem OK? ok......

JuneBillie 03-28-2014 04:24 PM

Lauriejo that sounds like me on any given day. lol... I am sure everything will be just fine. If you did any better as a host than you are now, we couldn't stand ya..... J/K. :D

JuneBillie 03-28-2014 04:29 PM

I think to make it up to lynnie, we need to all keep her company on her cruise so we could all lay in the sun while you work on her pincushion from you. We could all chip in too while sun bathing. But, of course the tickets are on lynnie. :thumbup: