Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-2014-pincushion-needle-case-swap-%7E-sign-up-closes-march-1st-t241867.html)

brod71 04-01-2014 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by brod71 (Post 6654325)
Sorry for posting pics so late of the beautiful needle case and cute chicken pin cushion I received from NanaKathy55.

Yes I loved it! I thought the pink polka dot felt was sew adorable! And I love my mini chicken pin cushion. He is already holding a few of my pins for me.

lawsonmugs 04-01-2014 07:41 AM

Very pretty needlecase and I also love the pin cushions. Thanks for posting pictures. We all love looking at them. Hope everyone takes pictures if possible of what they make,as some of the others can't post any.

JuneBillie 04-01-2014 09:18 AM

Bullock2us I love the pincushion you got with all those goodies. I have never made one of those before.

Oh the one you sent lynnie is so pretty too. Very nice!

lynnie 04-01-2014 12:50 PM

such pretties. love that pink dot felt. where in the world did you get it???

lauriejo 04-01-2014 01:52 PM

Great pictures! I've never seen polka dot felt before, and it's pink!!! Is that measuring tape a ribbon or actual piece of measuring tape? I have a pattern to make a pincushion like the one LLWinston44 made, but haven't worked up the nerve to actually make it. It looks really complicated. lynnie is the one you got in a bucket? It makes me think of playing in the sandbox with DS. I finally got your pincushion in the mail to you today lynnie. It has been a bad week. It is supposed to be there in 2 days, maybe the po will be right this time.

lynnie 04-01-2014 03:52 PM

lauriejo, yes, it's a pail, (like in sand).
will be looking for my package. thank you.
I hope I can mail tomorrow, my son took my car,
he had to bail out 15 qts of water out of his after our
rain storm on Sunday, now it's in the shop.
Happy sewing and stuffing all!!!!

JuneBillie 04-01-2014 04:06 PM

Lauriejo playing in the sand is exactly what I thought too.

LLWinston44 04-01-2014 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by brod71 (Post 6654974)
This is sew neat! How on earth do you make that?

I had gone into my LQS and they had one on display, but nobody could seem to find the pattern!! I was SO bummed as I thought it would be perfect for the swap. I always like to do practical, but cool, things when I swap. lol. So then I was surfing the web and found a tutorial on it! SOOOO happy!! The whole thing was hand sewn though, and I am now determined to find a way to do it by machine. lol. I'm glad my swap receiver likes it. I was very tempted to keep it. haha

lynnie 04-01-2014 06:58 PM

LL I love it too, great pc, has a thread holder or a place to put snippets and a scissor.
great design!!!

lynnie 04-03-2014 11:08 AM

I love my new pincushion. looks like a little spring scene. got a finger pc also, really cute. and some candy and a fancy pin. thanks so much Laurie