Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-boom-18-a-t284946.html)

terriamn 03-17-2017 03:34 PM

OH Jaba I can't wait to see your finished quilt. Your medallion is so pretty

sewbizgirl 03-17-2017 03:57 PM

That's beautiful Jaba... What a knockout that quilt will be!

What is the size of your center?

And I agree... the size of the blocks in our swap is a non-negotiable.

terriamn 03-18-2017 09:43 AM

Yahoooooo my blocks are here. Thanks everyone will play with them later. Off and running, at least to the couch. We left for lake a little after 6 AM. And it's time for me take a nap

joanelizbay 03-18-2017 11:34 AM

No blocks for me today :(...web site says Monday. Just finished a "wine" quilt for my daughter in law. Its like the church ladys panel someone posted a while ago but mine is about women and wine..it fits her to a tee.. Gave my Singer a GOOD cleaning today. Amazing how much lint and thread pieces get in there, esp underneath. There is a new quilt block email going around called Moda Block Heads. It gives you a new block pattern free for 12 weeks. I got it from Bear Creek Quilting company in case anyone is interested.

jlt37869 03-18-2017 12:30 PM

My blocks arrived. The photos don't do them justice. All the different WOW fabrics are really beautiful. Thanks, everyone!

terriamn 03-18-2017 01:34 PM

Joanliz I joined blockheads and Pat Sloans winter solstice. Have a 3 day quilt retreat coming up. Hope to catch up on them then

bootsy 03-18-2017 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7786580)
No blocks for me today :(...web site says Monday. Just finished a "wine" quilt for my daughter in law. Its like the church ladys panel someone posted a while ago but mine is about women and wine..it fits her to a tee.. Gave my Singer a GOOD cleaning today. Amazing how much lint and thread pieces get in there, esp underneath. There is a new quilt block email going around called Moda Block Heads. It gives you a new block pattern free for 12 weeks. I got it from Bear Creek Quilting company in case anyone is interested.

Thank you for the info as I am always searching for patterns. I subscribed to Moda so now I will be getting the blocks as they come out. I printed what they had out so I am current at least for now.

joanelizbay 03-18-2017 05:39 PM

I printed them out today 1 and 2. I hope to keep getting a email reminder when the next weeks are up!

mollymunchkin 03-18-2017 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7786580)

I'm going to do the blockhead blocks once I finish with my last April block. I am doing the challenge from the National Quilters Circle as well. It's 9 blocks in 9 weeks.

Kassaundra 03-19-2017 04:24 AM

I'm thinking about the block heads challenge. I was going to do it w/ that one designers layered piecing technique, but I tried one block and just can't handle the frayed edge.

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin (Post 7786912)
I'm going to do the blockhead blocks once I finish with my last April block. I am doing the challenge from the National Quilters Circle as well. It's 9 blocks in 9 weeks.