Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March to June 2015 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-june-2015-wall-hanging-swap-t261647.html)

MarionsQuilts 07-11-2015 11:51 AM

These wall hangings are awesome! What fun for the summer!

marilyn43 07-11-2015 12:17 PM

I've been going through these wall hangings and they are beautiful. I'm trying to figure out if I would be able to do one. lol. I do join in on the mini quilt and am learning so much doing those. The one thing that captured me is as you go and your mind comes up with things to add. Thank you for the pictures.

Kassaundra 07-11-2015 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 7253918)
Thanks, Kass for taking care of Judy!

She is going through a lot of rehab her and her husband go together to build strength, and she has Parkinson's to boot making it harder for her to get around. She isn't very tech savy, and signed up for QB b/c of all the swap stories I was telling her about on here. She loves it when I go show her "my pretties" the blocks or projects I'm working on. (that is what she calls them), anyway she is almost never online, but I can get her messages. I am blessed beyond measure that both of my MIL's were / are awesome women.

CarolinePaj 07-11-2015 04:06 PM

Hi Guys,

we have just returned (and I mean just.... We have been home about 20 minutes and it is 12.30 am here) from the Italian Riviera (great weather, great wine, great food.... And fantastic people) and I have received a wonderful wall hanging from Kassundra!

She also sent some coffee sweets and some sweets called sweetarts.... Which I presume have some sweet and some sour sweeties in the same box..... I will try them tomorrow. I will also post a picture when I get up in the morning... I just didn't want Kassaundra to worry that I hadn't received!

hugs from a very tired

Caroline

Kassaundra 07-11-2015 04:13 PM

So glad it made it's way across the pond. I am a huge chocoholic but there are 2 non chocolate candies I love those chewy sweet tarts (they will be tart) and skittles. I thought you guys may have skittles since it is such a big brand but thought you may not have sweet tarts over there.

The Italian Riviera my so exotic to a land locked Okie!

JNCT14 07-11-2015 04:19 PM

I checked the usps tracker and it says it was delivered today. I hope so, it took much too long! I am really sorry for the delay!

CarolinePaj 07-12-2015 03:20 AM

Hi Shaduzy,

I love your wall hanging..... Is there a pattern or did you create it yourself?????

I would love one of those hanging in my dining room as it looks out into the garden..... So when the winter months are here, it could remind me that summer is just around the corner!

Hugs

Caroline

Originally Posted by skaduzy (Post 7197401)
It's finished. I hope whoever gets it, enjoys it. I may make a second one and put it in my kitchen to remind me next winter that the sunshine will come back!

ube quilting 07-12-2015 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7254099)
She is going through a lot of rehab her and her husband go together to build strength, and she has Parkinson's to boot making it harder for her to get around. She isn't very tech savy, and signed up for QB b/c of all the swap stories I was telling her about on here. She loves it when I go show her "my pretties" the blocks or projects I'm working on. (that is what she calls them), anyway she is almost never online, but I can get her messages. I am blessed beyond measure that both of my MIL's were / are awesome women.

Thanks again. We just don't know what everyone is dealing with in their lives and I do hope Judy is doing well. Send her my best. I am glad she is part of the swap.
peace

skaduzy 07-12-2015 06:39 PM

I have been trying to use my iPad to send an advanced message with attachment of Judy's wall hanging and have failed twice. I am going to try again tomorrow with the 'real' computer.

skaduzy 07-12-2015 06:45 PM

[QUOTE=CarolinePaj;7254457]Hi Shaduzy,

I love your wall hanging..... Is there a pattern or did you create it yourself?????

I would love one of those hanging in my dining room as it looks out into the garden..... So when the winter months are
here, it could remind me that summer is just around the corner!

Hugs,

Caroline (QUOTE)

Caroline, I made it up myself but the wall hanging I got from you last swap inspired me. I hadn't done a Dresden plate block before and had to do one for my Marti Michell club. Copy it......��