Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March -June 2019 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-june-2019-wall-hanging-swap-t303398.html)

Teen 04-09-2019 07:09 PM

Oh my gosh!! Seriously, Judith? You sew beautifully....I own some of your work and have seen your workmanship. Girl....I will gladly accept any of your work.....

I keep looking at that Sizzix machine...and the other brands. I've been tempted.

Judith1005 04-09-2019 07:30 PM

Teen, just my two cents, I have the Sizzix that I bought about a year and a half ago. Their dies are spot on. They run great sales on the dies. And, you can also use the Accuquilt Dies in them as long as they fit the machine. Sizzix is my personal favorite.

I also own the Accuquilt Go that was a gift from my son about 4 years ago. The dies that I have bought have come with dies that are a thread or two short when cut. Or, they are sized up for trimming down. And, they are more expensive then the Sizzix dies. I got tired of always trimming. And, I have had a problem with almost every die I've gotten from Accuquilt with the exception of the shape dies. (Dog, Owl, Orange Peel)

Definitely do your homework and read the reviews. And, try them out if you can.

I also paid too much for my Sizzix. I bought at what I thought was a super sale on Connecting Threads. My mistake, Amazon is cheaper.

And, thank you again for your kind compliments.

I have been struggling with my two new sewing machines since my Kenmore died. It's taking me time to get used to refining the settings to get the machines to do what I want them to do. They are just simple mechanical machines. But have been disappointed with their performances. I'm sure it's me. I'll get used to them. It's made my projects sometimes not what I know I can do.

ube quilting 04-10-2019 02:20 AM

Judith, the red and white is classic and fresh. My guess is you are way better at piecing than you think you are. Thanks for your input on the cutting machines. I haven't quite got to the point where I will really want one but who knows what I may want in the future.

I just mailed the foot controller from my 221 FW to The Featherweight Shop in Kooskia, IO to have it rewired. I don't know how long it will take so that is one more thing I am anxiously waiting for. what a nice company and so many great tutorials on caring for and using the machine.

for now I am busy planning the next WHing and getting it ready to sew, hopefully on my 221.:D

<3:sew:

Annaquilts 04-10-2019 06:05 AM

I also love the sizzix die cutter and have a Big shot Pro and lots of dies. I would like to get the 1 1/2 inch square, using the June Taylor shape cutter now, and do have the 1 1/2 inch half square triangle and use that one all the time. Is there a 1 1/2 inch quarter square triangle?

Judith1005 04-10-2019 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 8238541)
I also love the sizzix die cutter and have a Big shot Pro and lots of dies. I would like to get the 1 1/2 inch square, using the June Taylor shape cutter now, and do have the 1 1/2 inch half square triangle and use that one all the time. Is there a 1 1/2 inch quarter square triangle?

Sorry Anna, I do not know. Right now, my tiny triangle die is the Accuquilt Die. And, it is a trim down one. I am looking for the 1.5 half square triangle for my Sizzix.

granky 04-12-2019 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This isn't quilted yet, and only then will it be judged as 'swap-worthy' or not...meanwhile, here it is...I'm calling it 'Cat House'...and Judith, I love your red and white...pretty!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]611506[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 04-12-2019 05:53 PM

Granky, Thank you.

I love the little kitty at the top. He is just hanging in there.

skaduzy 04-13-2019 04:17 PM

Judith, your red and white mini is so pretty and bright.....one of my favorite colors. And Granky, those kitties are adorable. I found an old Pam Bono pattern I printed years ago with kitties in the windows and someday hope to make it. Meanwhile I will just enjoy your Cat House :thumbup:

ube quilting 04-16-2019 03:01 AM

Well, I am impressed. My 221 foot controller is back home already. Everything came tied up in sweet tiny ric-rac and foam sheets inside the package. If anyone ever becomes a caretaker of one of these marvelous little machines, this is the company I would recommend for everything you would ever need to keep her in tip-top shape. I will be sewing tonight!:sew:<3

granky 04-16-2019 05:19 AM

ube...you will love your little machine, and you're right about the Featherweight Shop...they not only have anything you might need, but they are also willing to help you when you have problems. One of the problems with a little featherweight is that when a tiny piece of thread gets caught in the bobbin case it stops the machine cold. The first time it happens to you it's scary...but the Featherweight shop has a video that shows you exactly what to do to remove the thread and get your machine going again. Enjoy your prize!