Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March -June 2019 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-june-2019-wall-hanging-swap-t303398.html)

granky 03-27-2019 02:59 PM

Denise...go to the previous page and start at the top...it will explain everything. Rhonda is our hostess, and she is the one that will want your information. Welcome to the swap!

Teen 03-27-2019 03:16 PM

Hi, silentflight!!! Welcome to the board and the swap! Looking forward to seeing your creations...

Busy working on WH...May provide a sneak peak later...

granky 03-27-2019 03:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok ladies, it's time for some explaining. First of all, when I received the 'wrong thing', I thought I had ordered a beanie baby monkey, but the monkey I received was about the size of a care bear! My niece loved it, and now owns it...so then she helped me find (and order) a real beanie baby monkey. However, when it came it was larger than I remembered beanie babies to be...so that presented another problem. Anyway, here is the idea (that isn't exactly working out!). The monkey is supposed to be tearing out of the quilt...but it doesn't come across that way. I should have used something besides white for the sashing...and there are multiple other things wrong so I'll be keeping this one and making another kind to swap. Anyway, here is a picture of Sir Monkey (not positioned too well yet) tearing out of the quilt. I also tried a pig....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610854[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]610855[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 03-27-2019 04:09 PM

Granky, what a darling idea. But, just a suggestion, Your sashing looks like something a monkey would climb and hang from. Maybe you can just revise your initial idea. It's a really great imaginative idea. I love it. It does look like the monkey has decided to hunker down and huddle till the cold weather goes away. It has the sweetest expression on his face. It makes me smile.

Judith1005 03-27-2019 04:11 PM

I love pigs. I'm a huge fan of "Wilbur" from Charlotte's Web. But, I don't think this is the right path for him. Just an opinion. If you love it, then leave it.

Judith1005 03-27-2019 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8231725)
Hi, silentflight!!! Welcome to the board and the swap! Looking forward to seeing your creations...

Busy working on WH...May provide a sneak peak later...

Aw, come on Teen you know you want to give us a peak. Pwetty please. lol

Teen 03-27-2019 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol....Ok....here is a peak.... More peaks to come... I'm actually making 2 at the same time cuz it is so darn cute and I want one...lol!!

Granky....what a hilarious and cute idea.... Keep messing with it...you've got a couple of months.... Never rush the creative process....

ube quilting 03-28-2019 02:32 PM

granky, You have a great idea going there, keep experimenting.

Teen, you have polka dots!!!

EDIT: granky, my brain is working and I think if one monkey hand was in the air with some batting, you may get the look you are going for. Just a suggestion to try.

Teen 03-28-2019 03:26 PM

Polka dots make me happy.....:o

granky 03-28-2019 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
????? [ATTACH=CONFIG]610890[/ATTACH]