Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March to June 2021 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-june-2021-wall-hanging-swap-t314753.html)

Teen 04-21-2021 06:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just recently, Rhonda, my sister sent me our mothers cross-stitch pictures for me to make a quilt, which I’m working on right now. When I opened the package, it just reeked. My sister washed them before sending but she is a smoker so laying them out to dry at her house was useless. I carefully washed them again....twice....and finally they were ok. Smokers cannot pick up on the smell but it just permeates everything.

I agree with Anna....

My mothers cross-stitch are all Amish so that is my theme for quilt....Here are a couple of blocks....if interested...I’m mixing applique and pieced blocks in and amongst her cross-stitches...

granky 04-23-2021 06:32 AM

Teen...those are lovely! I do hope you'll show us the quilt when it's done....? Of course we would also like to follow the progress.

Rumbols 05-03-2021 07:25 AM

Hello everyone. I finished my wall hanging and sent Rhonda a pm. I decided on cone flowers this time. Was trying to clean out my sewing room and found a partial pattern for cone flowers from about 10 years ago. It is in pinks and reds (my faves).

Sorry I have not been on the board lately. Doing PT for my right shoulder. Doc wanted me not to do computers or sewing for a couple of months. I was missing both and my shoulder was able to move more, so I decided to sew and visit you all.
Have another PT session next week but hoping to get back to quilting. I have about 8 quilts to quilt and 3 to start sewing the top. So I may not be too chatty in the coming months, But know I will be thinking of you all.

Congrats to everyone on what they have accomplished so far. And good luck in the future. Stay safe.

Teen 05-03-2021 02:22 PM

Hi, Rumbols.....So good to hear from you and super proud of you for following doctors guidance. We want you well and enjoying your craft soon, too, so rest up. Sounds like you have a list of projects to tackle. Your WH sounds so pretty. I had to look up cone flowers....so pretty...

I’m finally in California visiting MIL and my sister. So happy to finally see them and know it is safer to do so. This COVID stuff really was hard on so many families forced separation. It’s wonderful to see them personally and not just on a video chat. Beautiful Calif. weather so enjoying that too.

I’ll be starting my WH when I get home this week. Everything is cut and ready... Keep safe...

Annaquilts 05-04-2021 08:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Working on this little cutie. It has a spring summer feel for me.

Rumbols 05-05-2021 01:59 PM

Very pretty Annaquilts. My favorite colors. Thanks Teen for your comments. They are appreciated. All pics posted so far look terrific.

One note on my wall hanging. The pattern I used was from 2010, per what I wrote on the pattern at the time. It was a line drawing only with no notes on who actually drew it or instructions on how to put it together. Anyway, I have since found that someone posted a pic of a similar block by Pumpkin Patch Patterns (Beatrice Rieske) used last year for a Row by Row quilt. Just wanted to let everyone know I did not poach the pattern. My WH already has label and I am not doing it over.

I sound mean, don't I. I don't mean to. But I was quite shocked to see my WH center on someone else's quilt, even if was just a block. Next time I will do more research first. Thanks for listening.

Teen 05-08-2021 01:58 PM

Anna....adorable!!! I love it!

Rumbols.....You are always so creative. In the quilting world, it’s hard to not create something that someone else does, too. I suppose that is why I think it’s useless to copyright patterns....We see the same patterns by different people all the time. So, I’m totally a poacher....I create quilts on just pictures alone all the time...lol... Kudos to you for creating something from a line drawing....yikes..

I’ve returned from California and my goal is to start WH tomorrow...

MarionsQuilts 05-09-2021 11:35 AM

Hello all!

I have been absent for a while now - I was doing the valley blossoms quilt (the one by Judy) .. oh boy LOL .. why do I do these things!

Anyway, it's all done except for the assembly, and right now, I don't even want to look at it, let alone piece it all together - so it's folded up nice and in a drawer LOL

I will only join the swap if I get what I want to do done in time. I bought the booklet by Cindy Needham for quilting with linen .. and I want to make a little wall hanging.

I'm going to take a break for a week or so from quilting, let the ideas simmer, and then I'll come in and give it a shot.

I've just read through the posts, and nice to see that everyone is doing well.

I also have to get my butt out in the garden and start weeding, it's finally starting to warm up!

Take care,

Marion

Teen 05-11-2021 04:29 PM

A bit of whimsy again

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is..

When I made this for my sewing room a few months ago I thought it was so cute I decided to make one for the swap. This is a mini WH 15” sq. The pattern is called Mini Moose Chase by, Sassafras Designs... The moose heads are PP and the rest is applique... Next to polka dots, stripes are my next fav.... I’m letting Rhonda know I am ready to ship!!

Hi, Marion!! Hope you can join us this round...

Annaquilts 05-12-2021 07:08 AM

Teen as always your wallhanging quilts are adorable. They look like a happy bunch in their bright colors.Very cute!