Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MARCH PATRIOTIC DISAPPEARING FOUR PATCH swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-patriotic-disappearing-four-patch-swap-t242296.html)

ljptexas 03-26-2014 05:33 AM

Do you have planned out what April will be? Don't have enough patriotic to do March (don't want to buy any extra). I have soooo many other projects going on that I need to complete. I do love scrappy!
Might be able to do April….

ljptexas 03-27-2014 06:26 AM

Sorry, I can't participater in April either. I don't have but 1 civil war & I'm on a "no more fabric'" diet. The civil war fab seems a little too pricy for me, so need to spend that $ on ones I really can use… But I really like this pattern, so I'll try to make some on my own. Using black would really make other colors pop...

Originally Posted by ljptexas (Post 6645484)
Do you have planned out what April will be? Don't have enough patriotic to do March (don't want to buy any extra). I have soooo many other projects going on that I need to complete. I do love scrappy!
Might be able to do April….

jclinganrey 03-28-2014 11:16 AM

Hi there ljptexas -

Sew glad you dropped in! Each month has a different theme and we're also going to segue to other quilt blocks. How exciting!!! Different blocks - different themes - - - some scrappy - - -

Stay tuned!

Jane

happylab 03-28-2014 02:25 PM

FYI info: My plain white material finally came in and I have the material washed. Next week I will be washing my patriot material and start cutting and sewing the blocks. I figure it will take me 2 weeks to make all of my blocks.
Bye and happy sewing.

jclinganrey 03-28-2014 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by happylab (Post 6649362)
FYI info: My plain white material finally came in and I have the material washed. Next week I will be washing my patriot material and start cutting and sewing the blocks. I figure it will take me 2 weeks to make all of my blocks.
Bye and happy sewing.

Wonderful!

Jane

jclinganrey 03-28-2014 05:00 PM

Here's an update:

1. Happylab – 6 sets
2. Glasqlts
3. Jaba – 6 sets REC’D
4. Nurse Bonnie
5. Jannie – 3 sets REC’D
6. MizKelly – 6 sets REC’D
7. Stitch124 – 3 sets
8. PeginCO – 6 sets
9. Gannyrosie –

All the pictures look great! Keep 'em coming!

Jane

Annaquilts 03-29-2014 08:56 AM

Please sign me up. 6 sets of 6

I have a question.
The original 4 patch is made of four 5 inch unfinished squares?
So when those are sewn together they will make a 9 1/2 inch four patch which is cut up and then resewn to make an 8 1/2 inch block? I just want to make sure before I start cutting.

jclinganrey 03-29-2014 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 6650316)
Please sign me up. 6 sets of 6

I have a question.
The original 4 patch is made of four 5 inch unfinished squares?
So when those are sewn together they will make a 9 1/2 inch four patch which is cut up and then resewn to make an 8 1/2 inch block? I just want to make sure before I start cutting.

Yep! :thumbup:

Jane

Annaquilts 04-07-2014 05:34 AM

Anyone still working on these blocks are does everyone have them in already? I am in the middle of making my 4 sq patches.

PeginCO 04-07-2014 07:06 AM

I'm still working on mine - cut them, but had to put aside to finish something else. Hope to get to them soon!!