Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March Secret Pal Swap Closes Feb 28th 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-secret-pal-swap-closes-feb-28th-4pm-t241956.html)

starshine 03-07-2014 08:25 PM

Going to be looking for something special this weekend for my sp. Hope I can find one.
klaws it is working it got to the mid 50s here today and most of our snow has melted. For a few days at least. It is nice to get the break.

homecaregiver 03-08-2014 05:14 AM

Hey homecaregiver did you hear we are supposed to get a "dusting" on Saturday night and another BIG ONE on Tuesday? I really did love snow before this year! You are right .. you are not my SP but I could be yours, huh?[/QUOTE]

I woke up to snow this morning but it was not much. When I took Roxie out, it was still snowing a bit. I went to my gentleman's house on Monday morning (I am his caregiver) he had a dentist appt. but when I got there, had to call 911 as I could not get in and he did not answer when I rang. He had fallen and was found in the floor. Think he had a heart attack. Went to his wake last evening and the funeral is this morning. It was a devasting time for me.

klaws 03-08-2014 05:25 AM

homecaregiver, so sorry to hear about your gentleman. That is terrible news. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and his family.

verna2197 03-08-2014 06:57 AM

Oh homecaregive so sorry to hear about your gentleman.

My 2 SP packages are being picked up today by the mail carrier, here are some hints.

SP 1. My grandparents use to live in your state capital city
2nd largest city in your county
founded in 1850 as a stage stop
lots of politicians and sport players come from there

SP2. Your town had a earthquake within the last 10 years
your town makes me hungry
use to have a lake in your town but it has been drained.
I have had you before as a SP

quiltnut4ever 03-08-2014 07:34 AM

Homecaregiver I am so sorry for your loss. I'm more than sure that was a horrible event to find. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your gentleman's family. {{{HUGS}}}

Grandma Peg 03-08-2014 12:22 PM

Homecaregiver, sorry to hear about your gentleman, thoughts and prayers for you and his family.

luvstoquilt 03-08-2014 12:37 PM

Oh Pat, I am so sorry about your client. What a terrible way to find someone. I know it must have been terribly traumatic for you. Prayers for you and his family. Sharon

Ladybug 1938 03-08-2014 04:04 PM

I received my package from my SP today, really nice package with 5 FQ's pencils pads wind sox Rooster tape measure that is already in my quilt room a cute little bag chocolate bunny,, the tape to put together batting pieces .. Will post pictures tomorrow.. Thank you Jody ( Buttonsgrow)I believe that's her board name... Oh and a cute Ladybug in one of those little things that move when they are in the sunlight... Love it all...

jaba 03-08-2014 04:13 PM

hav4boys, #1 could be me! We shall see if my guess is right...never has been but might be this time, you just never know. Have my package all ready to go, just waiting on the mail for some special order items. My SP only really wanted 2 small things and I wanted to get them for her and only $4 or so over budget. That's very good..found them on sale! And I know she will love them for sure.

dotcomdtcm 03-09-2014 09:50 AM

I went for the practical & purchased the fabric my SP wanted. Not a lot of extras but high quality fabric is always a good gift. Out tomorrow!