Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-2014-pincushion-needlecase-swap-%7E-signup-closes-may-1st-t245774.html)

nhnative 05-11-2014 12:24 PM

I love the suet that the kids made you and the flowers are wonderful. One of the good things about today is one of the squirrels is finally in my trap so he gets to go to the National Park for good. I wish they both were in there at the same time.

nhnative 05-11-2014 01:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is his pic before I got him out of the trunk. Sorry NOT So when I came home I loaded up the trap with peanuts and an english muffin.

JuneBillie 05-11-2014 03:38 PM

Mary the inside of that purse needle case is so pretty. So many cute embellishments.

Your pretty goodies from the great grand kids are so sweet. My mom cherished all her great grand daughters.

Lynnie that is a chunk for those meds. I take some that are around 700.00 per month for one prescription, but insurance helps. I heard that if I ever have to take the infusions then it will be 10,000 2x's per month. I hope I don't have to. Yikes!

My son called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. He is in South Carolina with my daughter in law. He goes every year to the 'Fly In, by Joe Nall'. Men from around the world flying those expensive remote control planes. We are talking drone level. lol.. He has a regular pilot license, but he loves this. He is a professional photographer, and started last year taking the photos of the event for a magazine. He will be doing that again this year. He has a regular job too as does his wife. He stays so busy, I can't keep up with him lol. He always gives me my present when he gets back. He said, mom you always know where I am on Mother's Day or your birthday. I am always happy to know he is doing something for some relaxation, because he works so hard. He travels a long way each day to and from his job too.

Ok, I will quit sounding like a mother. :)

JuneBillie 05-11-2014 03:49 PM

nhnative my dad use to have some of those traps. They can come in handy. lol

I heard the other day where hunters will soon be able to hunt bear here in my county. I did not know we had that many bears. They always have in the Smokey Mountains, but several years ago were introduced in our area.

lynnie 05-11-2014 06:40 PM

Susan, i need the infusions every 3-4 weeks. takes about 2 hrs and is costly, but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
I LOVE that suet heart and the flowers. my son once brought me a rock he had found in the yard, it's heart shaped and he/we call it the headache rock. I swear, it works. you put it on your head, it's ice cold, and whe nit starts to warm, the headache is gone, i guess it's a cross between the cold and the weight and some childish love. but by goseh, it works.
I haope everyone had a great day, Now... lets get some quilting done. i'm working on my 3/4" hexies. good hand stuff.

lynnie 05-11-2014 06:44 PM

Susan, I heard that the bears are crazy this year. maybe you'll get a good skin.
We just have a white lamb on the bedroom floor, Zoey has it.

How is everyone doing with the crazy weather. heard colorado area got snow and hail.

JuneBillie 05-12-2014 12:06 AM

Lynnie I want to see a bear actually, just not up to my door. I love the wild animals. I wouldn't have a skin of an animal. I am one of those animal rights people. I have eaten wild animal growing up as a necessity, and would again if I needed to, but not for any other reason. I have had baby calves and bottle fed those little sweeties, and have been with others taking off one to have fixed into packs of all meats for my freezer as do the stores, but I knew what was in mine. So I do use them when necessary. I have even hunted them. I would like to find someone who sells milk again to churn for butter etc. The natural butter is much better for us than margarine. I do love pretty furs though, but would go for a faux fur of anything.

lynnie 05-12-2014 06:13 AM

I'm a big animal lover also, and support animal rights. But after they kill the lamb for food, they do have the pelt left.
I wonder what bear tastes like. I guess gamey. I eat very little meat. On the cruise I did, but other than that, i eat very rarely, meat and such. i'll eat some fish from time to time.
i need to work on Junes Pin Cushion.. Haven't gotten that far yet. I bought some yellow at Joann's the other day. not sure what i'm doing yet.

brod71 05-12-2014 07:20 AM

Peg what a beautiful needle case you received from Mary. My favorite color pink and I love handbags. I have purses I haven't even worn but just had to have them. Hopefully I will get Mary next time and she can make me one too :). Hope all the moms had a beautiful day yesterday. We had a wonderful sunny and warm Sunday so it was nice! My needle case will go out today and I should be finished with my pin cushion tonight! Right on schedule. Yay!

klaws 05-12-2014 07:34 AM

I know that everyone loves to see pictures. I was wondering if anyone would like to see pictures of some of the dolls I've made.