Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-2014-pincushion-needlecase-swap-%7E-signup-closes-may-1st-t245774.html)

lawsonmugs 05-12-2014 08:06 AM

Klaws I would love to see your dolls. I bet most on here would. I love pictures. Crafts of any kind interest me. I worked in a club next door to a fancy restaurant many years ago in Santa Clara ,Calif. The would cater a yearly hunter buffet for some kind of exoctic hunters club. The had lion meat,bear meat rattlesnake, peacock,etc. I tasted some of the foods. Bear was very greasy to me and very dark red color of meat. rattlesnake tasted nothing like chicken to me. I thought it tasted more like liver which I hate. Each to their own. Give me real chicken or beef etc. lol. nhnative- glad you caught one of your squirrels. They can do a lot of damage and make a lot of mess. I've had them in my attic which is big and I can walk in.Their nests are hugh.They chewed on some of our wiring.I really understand you wanting them gone. Glad you are catching and releasing them. English muffins and peanuts huh? Don't blame them for eating that. Good luck with the other one.

nhnative 05-12-2014 09:50 AM

Karen please show the pics of your dolls. I love pics of any kind.
Mary I don't know what I would do if they were in my attic. They are so bad and I just found another nest behind some plywood. I can't even put my car in the garage because of all the wood I have on the top part that they are running all over it. At one time I had about 5 of them and what a mess they made. I think they were just visiting as I only have one now. I did want to use D-Con but if they died up in the garage I don't know how I would have gotten them out. I've already had one die as when he was jumping all around he fell in between 2 cabinets and what a smell. I only found out he was there when I had my son take the cabinets down. Pee U. I don't eat any meat you can't find in a grocery store. I've had deer and pheasant as my uncle was a hunter and only that time and never again. I know that people eat squirrels. Yuck. I'm a city girl

klaws 05-12-2014 10:14 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Ok, guys, you asked for it. I don't know how many I can put on here at one time. The doll in the blue dress became Miss April on a calendar sold by a doll supply company. The bunnies are what I usually sell. The Santa was made for a swap. He is in California. The red, white and blue doll is with a doll maker friend who lives in Luxembourg, Europe. She came to the United States for a visit and I gave it to her to take home. Some of the dolls were made from patterns and some are my own design.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]475370[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]475371[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]475372[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]475373[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]475374[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]475375[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]475376[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]475377[/ATTACH]

klaws 05-12-2014 10:15 AM

Wow, I didn't expect the pictures to be that big.

JuneBillie 05-12-2014 10:39 AM

Oh Karen those dolls and bunnies are simply gorgeous. You are so creative, and talented. I have looked at a lot of these type dolls on the internet looking around, and keep wanting to try a small very simple one. You have such nice detail in them also. You must be so proud of them.

Wow we are having a down pour right now. Hubby went to the post office for me, and it's lightning etc. I hope he is careful.

I have been so sick lately everyone. For anyone who wouldn't mind I could use a prayer. I have had to spend a lot of time in bed lately, and just not sure what all is going on, but between this week and next hopefully I will get some answers.

Have a great day everyone.

susan

klaws 05-12-2014 11:13 AM

Susan, I am so sorry that you have been sick. Hugs and prayers go out to you. Hopefully you will find out what is wrong and can begin on the road to recovery.

nhnative 05-12-2014 11:31 AM

Karen all your dolls and bunnies are wonderful. What expressions on the faces. You have a talent there. I can see why she was Miss April on the calendar. Just beautiful
Susan I hope that you get better soon. I know it's not fun being sick without knowing what it is.

I'm having a lot of rain today but nothing like they had in Missouri and all that snow in Colorado. Weather sure is crazy. I'm going to have rain, thunderstorms for the next five days. Everyone take care

lawsonmugs 05-12-2014 11:38 AM

I love the dolls. So very talented you are. Such good detail work too. The first one reminds me of Bea Arthur the actress from Golden Girls. I'm glad the pictures are big so we can see the detail. Thanks for posting them. I for one would love to see more and anyone else that would post pictures of what they make.

lawsonmugs 05-12-2014 11:39 AM

Susan hope your better soon,may God be with you. Your in my prayers. Hugs mary

lynnie 05-12-2014 01:08 PM

Susan, hope you're feeling better soon, prayers going out to you.

Karen, what can we all say about your dolls, except, very professionally done, great detail and just "WOW!"
so pretty, and intricate. i wish i could make ones like you do. they are just great!!!!!. You deserve awards for them, all the cute extras, the nail polish and such. thank you sooo much for sharing your dolls with us.
It was sunny and HOT (89*) today, now it's overcast and tomorrow rain, for the next few days.