Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May Day!! 2.5” ‘CANDY’ swap!!! Oh Sew Sweet! ***Closes April 1, 2013*** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-day-2-5%94-%91candy%92-swap-oh-sew-sweet-%2A%2A%2Acloses-april-1-2013%2A%2A%2A-t213878.html)

Yosamitesa 03-07-2013 05:07 PM

Mine are at your house waiting on you.

SheriR 03-07-2013 09:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jannie (Post 5906595)
ok. Mine went in the mail yesterday since I had to go to the PO anyway. That is 10 swaps & 4 twists.

I received your candy today. 10 cotton sets and 5 neutral sets. I'm so glad you packaged them so well. Below are pictures of how your envelope looked when hubby brought it into the house. The first pic is your beautiful candy in your wonderful Ziploc baggie. Pic 2 is the envelope wrapped in a rubber band. Pic 3 is why the rubber band.

Ladies, I'm hoping Jannie is OK with me using pictures of her package. Truth is, she packaged it beautifully! It looks like the envelope may have somehow gotten wet and the side came unglued. But she had all her candy packages in one gallon baggie. I'm so glad, the PO may have had a candy explosion! I tape every fold on those paper envelopes when I use them. My daughter mailed a swap to Yosamitesa one month and the envelope arrived EMPTY. We were all sick. I believe Mrs.Sherbert had labeled every baggie though and I THINK it was recovered. mitesa, correct me if I'm wrong...

SheriR 03-07-2013 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 5912766)
Mine are at your house waiting on you.

Your candy arrived also! Thanks honey! I LOVE the goodies! (And the help with my next candy surprise. :D)

barri1 03-08-2013 03:43 AM

That wasn't a pretty sight.. Glad I got the Tyavek ones..
I'm still cutting.. I started to put them in bags, but I'm only up to 6 out of 20.. I'm not procrastinating.. I'm enjoying quality time with two of my favorites.. My fabric, and dog.. He has been very helpful.. He sits, and watches me. Falls asleep, and we forget to go out.. Nothing like going out at 1:30 for an emergency bathroom run.. ughhh.. Anyway, they will get done..

Yosamitesa 03-08-2013 04:38 AM

Well, some was recovered. I think the "lost mail" folks may have enjoyed the fabric and took it home. However the postage and stuff made it.

Jannie 03-08-2013 10:15 AM

I am so glad it made it to your house. I trust the postal workers as they put the tape around the package. Will have to tape at home or ask them to secure it better. I did order the bubble lined envelopes so hope I won't have that problem any more. To bad they don't have those envelopes at the post office because I would have chosen it first. They do look a little sturdier.

DoriDeS 03-08-2013 11:38 AM

Have I sent you candy for this swap yet....????? not sure lolol

marytoddliz 03-08-2013 04:33 PM

I am working on my Neutrals now... I want to keep them all! So I tell myself they are all going to good homes and their friends will be coming here! haha, the things I do to entertain myself!

SheriR 03-08-2013 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by DoriDeS (Post 5914338)
Have I sent you candy for this swap yet....????? not sure lolol

No missy I have no Idaho candy yet. GET BUSY WOMAN :D (I mean sister :D)

SheriR 03-08-2013 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5914871)
I am working on my Neutrals now... I want to keep them all! So I tell myself they are all going to good homes and their friends will be coming here! haha, the things I do to entertain myself!

Marytoddliz. You crack me up! My neutrals are super happy to make friends with your neutrals!