Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-secret-pal-swap-sign-up-closed-5-2-11-a-t118792.html)

Terryl 05-12-2011 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by candi

Originally Posted by Terryl
I just finished a little something hand made for my SP. I want to make one more thing for SP before sending out IF time doesn't run out on me. It's something SP really wants, even if they are unaware of wanting it right now :) :) :)

Terryl,
Where is your SP this month? I have a feeling one of these months, one of us would get the other one as SP, wouldn't that be something :-) I am not so sure I would be able to keep it a secret :lol: :mrgreen:

My package will leave the state of Florida, if I/we ever get lucky enough to have each other as partners, I do believe I would hand deliver the package to you
:mrgreen: just so we could have a "little extra" bonding time. I too am not sure I could keep it a secret. I'm not sure how the pairing is done, if all names are put in a bowl and then as two are drawn, they are paired or if it's another method. Top name paired with bottom name? All the states/internationals together then a name drawn from two different states?

WinSumLsSm 05-12-2011 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by abonda
My package went out and it is going to the longhorn state and who ever it is hates ORANGE! Isn't that the colors of the longhorns????

LOL! I am in the Longhorn state... I need to go check if I hate Orange... I KNOW I do.. but did I write that? BRB Nope I put my true dislike... Blue... Not me :(

tedytrser 05-12-2011 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by abonda
My package went out and it is going to the longhorn state and who ever it is hates ORANGE! Isn't that the colors of the longhorns????

Oh boy could this be me??????? I love the Longhorns but have never really cared for the color orange on yarn or material.

Lv2sew2011 05-12-2011 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by sik1010

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Sounds like everyone has been very busy! Lots of packages coming and going lol. The packages that have been posted are wonderful. Everyone keep up the good work!

Also do you have any questions you would like to see on the questionaire for next month?

Lori, I was wondering if our international swap folks would like to tell us if there are things we have here that they don't have access to. It would be helpful to know that.

And then the BIG question--since Michigan has finally decided to show us some Springtime weather, we might want to think of any alternate candies for chocolate. I know Chocolate is it's own food group, but if chocolate is not an option, we should maybe list an alternate choice. Not essential, but something to consider. I personally have no problem with soft chocolate, but wanted to see if there were other opinions. Thanks!

I will mail in baggie, and if I get some that is melted, I will throw in the freezer and let it get hard again...LOL

crafty_linda_b 05-12-2011 09:36 AM

HMM could that be me?? 9+6+0+2+3 =20!! This is so much fun!! *LOL* I feel like a kid at Christmas..can't fall asleep because I want to catch a glimps of Santa... crafty_linda_b

Originally Posted by mimom
someone should be expecting a package in the next 2 days ... your zip code adds up to 20

Lv2sew2011 05-12-2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by TFquilter
My SP package is being mailed today...sure hope she likes everything I have sent...one of the things she likes to collect is Santa's....:)

I collect Santa's hope its me!!! LOL

crafty_linda_b 05-12-2011 09:41 AM

OH Jennalyn..that is a teaser for sure!! I love your sense of humor *L* crafty_linda_b

Originally Posted by Jennalyn
My SP's parcel is now in the hands of the post office! It should arrive around Tuesday. The town it's headed to is an anagram for "Brew Set". ;)

mimom 05-12-2011 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
HMM could that be me?? 9+6+0+2+3 =20!! This is so much fun!! *LOL* I feel like a kid at Christmas..can't fall asleep because I want to catch a glimps of Santa... crafty_linda_b

Originally Posted by mimom
someone should be expecting a package in the next 2 days ... your zip code adds up to 20

nope, but it is someone who has been posting on this topic, often

mimom 05-12-2011 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Sounds like everyone has been very busy! Lots of packages coming and going lol. The packages that have been posted are wonderful. Everyone keep up the good work!

Also do you have any questions you would like to see on the questionaire for next month?

favorite holiday could be a good question or fav season of the year

mooretll 05-12-2011 10:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Got home today to a great package from Wanda Lou.There were three pretty Purple Fat quarters,Purple thread,A red towel with a rooster on it, pretty note pads a pattern and manicure set all in my favorite colors. There was also a beautiful note card. Thanks so much Wanda.