Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-secret-pal-swap-sign-up-closed-5-2-11-a-t118792.html)

Rhonda 05-18-2011 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by TFquilter

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs

Originally Posted by lauriejo

I wanted to say it took me a while to figure out that a "squishy" is the pkg...and sitting on the bench or bench warming of course is waiting for your pkg to arrive...how did "squishy" originate? Just curious....:)

I think because if you put fabric in an envelope it is squishy the package will be squishable.

Okay, thank you..:)

She's right. squishies are soft packages that you can squish and firmies are boxes not squeezable. Cute huh? Don't know who started calling them that but we all seem to have picked up the names. Mary

Squishies and firmies...have to remember that...thankyou..:)

I well remember the discussion when someone first asked on here what to call a pkg that wasn't a squishie. It got a big racy!! LOL A pkg that isn't soft but is actually hard as in a hard backed book! You can probably image some of the suggestions! LOL

mimom 05-18-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
As you know, I am the late sender offender this month :( I have now been shopping and nearly filled my squishy and with a bit of luck it will be in the post tomorrow.

It can take some time to cross the pond to you dear, patient SP. Just been on the internet researching where you live and it is up in the general area of the Great Lakes and you have a lot of interesting museums where you are.

Hope that it will be worth the wait!

8-)

what kind of museums

JSNOMORE 05-18-2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie k
did I see in this thread somewhere as to add some other questions to our info for the swap maybe we could ask for there special receipe and we could send them one of ours. Just a thought I know I would love to get someones special receipe for something good to eat, maybe a cake or cookies receipe Yummmy!!!

what a great idea.

JSNOMORE 05-18-2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by abonda
I'm In for Sure yum yum...... I know they are low fat right??? right???? say yes....

Originally Posted by JSNOMORE
Patiently waiting fo rmy SP package. I can't sit on the bench until later though. I have to go to work. But when I get done I'll stop at the bakery on my way home. Anyone have a special request. I love bavarian cream doughnuts.

You have to break them in half and shake the calories out first.LOL

KrystelsQuilts 05-18-2011 05:09 PM

Diana I LOVED IT. I sent you a PM. Im sorry I didnt get back sooner. I was trying to take a pic but for some reason my camera not working :( .... The fabric was wonderful that butterfly fab was the best. My grandson really loved his car and fruit snacks...thank you for thinking of him too. You are and awesome secret pal thank you so very much!!!!

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
Here is my stats for my secret pal..I can not wait to find out what she thinks of my package I sent her :wink:

Detailed Results:

Delivered, May 16, 2011, 12:18 pm, MISSOULA, MT 59802
Out for Delivery, May 16, 2011, 8:53 am, MISSOULA, MT 59801
Sorting Complete, May 16, 2011, 8:43 am, MISSOULA, MT 59801
Arrival at Post Office, May 16, 2011, 2:49 am, MISSOULA, MT 59801
Processed through Sort Facility, May 14, 2011, 7:33 pm, BILLINGS, MT 59101
Acceptance, May 13, 2011, 9:47 am, GOOSE CREEK, SC 29445

Diana Lynne 05-18-2011 05:13 PM

[quote=KrystelsQuilts]Diana I LOVED IT. I sent you a PM. Im sorry I didnt get back sooner. I was trying to take a pic but for some reason my camera not working :( .... The fabric was wonderful that butterfly fab was the best. My grandson really loved his car and fruit snacks...thank you for thinking of him too. You are and awesome secret pal thank you so very much!!!!

You both are very much welcomed ..I really enjoyed getting your package together..I had so much fun, I was like a kid in a candy store picking out things to go into it...
:D

Vicki W 05-18-2011 05:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I received the nicest package today. It was wonderful. Nina and I had a great time opening it. She seems to be getting the idea that these packages are not just for me but for her too. :)

My SP was Cheryl W. Wow, lets see if I can list everything. Some wonderful fabric, (I am having a hard time picking the prettiest), a recipe book, a magazine, a note pad, a bookmark, some cute scissor charms, Jelly beans (yummy), a little flag, pins, thread (such lovely bright colors), a treat for Nina and she was so thoughtful she sent some stick on letters for our upcoming VBS.

Wow, Cheryl thank you so much, I love it all. What a nice surprise after a hard day at work.

I love this fabric, isn't fabric the reason we all work?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198908[/ATTACH]

Thank you Cheryl
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198909[/ATTACH]

lawsonmugs 05-18-2011 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by abonda
I'm In for Sure yum yum...... I know they are low fat right??? right???? say yes....

Patiently waiting fo rmy SP package. I can't sit on the bench until later though. I have to go to work. But when I get done I'll stop at the bakery on my way home. Anyone have a special request. I love bavarian cream doughnuts.

You have to break them in half and shake the calories out first.LOL

That's where I make the mistake. I don't shake out the calories. Love that.lol Mary

lawsonmugs 05-18-2011 05:33 PM

I love themed fabric. how cute is that work for fabric one..

Airwick156 05-18-2011 05:39 PM

To my secret pal that lives down in that state that has a couple of hump backs and crooked letters and a few eyes, I sent out your package today I was trying to get you something and the company was out of what it was :( sooooooo....I went ahead and mailed out your package this morning. Lo and Behold, we go over to the coast and stop by the place and they were just stocking their shelves with what I wanted to put in your package. Sooooooooooo, In a few days, I will send you out this "extra" item. Dang I knew I should have waited till this afternoon to send it out. Please forgive me, but when you get it, I KNOW you will like it.