Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-secret-pal-swap-signup-closes-april-30th-4pm-cdt-t219913.html)

Lori Peercy 04-26-2013 03:12 PM

Ok I have to admit something.....I have forgotten how to change my avatar! Where do I find out how to or someone could tell me hint, hint.

lauriejo 04-26-2013 03:41 PM

Lori you have to go to your settings page, not your profile. It is on the left hand column.

mrsmck 04-26-2013 06:23 PM

I would love to join but have a few things on my drawing board right now.. I might just join in but participate next month.

clsurz 04-26-2013 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by sniktasemaj (Post 6027803)
What size is the block to be?

This is Secret Pal and not a block exchange. Please go read message #1 to learn what it is all about.

Lori Peercy 04-26-2013 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by mrsmck (Post 6028353)
I would love to join but have a few things on my drawing board right now.. I might just join in but participate next month.

Welcome mrsmck, that sounds like a good idea. Now everyone be on your best behavior, we have company!

Lori Peercy 04-26-2013 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo (Post 6028140)
Lori you have to go to your settings page, not your profile. It is on the left hand column.

Were is settings page? I did it when I joined and haven't changed it.

Sdwill 04-26-2013 07:38 PM

Lori, the settings is at the very top of the page towards the right side.

SewsonSaturday 04-27-2013 02:06 AM

I was really wanting to get back into this swap but from the pictures from the last couple months swaps it looks like people don't follow the $10 limit. I defiantly don't have a stash and am afraid if i do sign up and stay with in the limits some of the swappers would be really disappointed it they got a small package.

fayzer 04-27-2013 06:33 AM

SewsonSaturday. The rules say $10 limit. Some people have gigantic stashes and opp to send more. Don't worry about that. There are many little things you can make for your pal that will cost you nothing if you make it from scraps. I pick up things on sale at JoAnns, Walmart, Michaels or Tuesday Morning. If you have a Hobby Lobby in your area. That is a good place to go too. A new quilting magazine from Walmart is a good item. It is the thought that counts. Sometimes people send a little something from their state like a magnet etc. Some people can afford to be more generous and that is their choice but $10 limit is the rule not including postage. If you put on your info sheet that you have no stash and would welcome scraps, rulers, etc. you might be surprised at what you could possible receive.

lauriejo 04-27-2013 07:43 AM

Please don't feel initimidated by some of the packages! Like fayzer said, some people have huge stashes. Some also go over the $10 limit. I have received packages of all shapes and sizes, and none have disappointed me. I am really tickled just to get mail that isn't going to cost me money! I also enjoy seeing the different ways people interpret my list. I just bought a bag of quilting magazines at a book sale for a quarter each, those might show up in future packages. I also got free brochures from my local travel/convention bureau and include one in many of my swaps because I really enjoy receiving one in a swap.