Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May's secret pin cushion and needlecase swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mays-secret-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t219735.html)

TiltedEars 05-16-2013 03:47 PM

I have a pic of my pincushion on my camera. I'll post it later tonight. I am pleased with how it turned out - I used a friendship flower pincushion pattern I was given in a different swap around Christmas time. I can't wait to make one like this for me.

TiltedEars 05-16-2013 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my friendship flower pincushion. You make 3 pillows then tie them all together.

queenof2802 05-16-2013 06:09 PM

Love it!!

How is everyone coming along? Tomorrow is the shipping date. I am late and going to need the week end to catch up. Let me know if you too need the week end.

Also, I need 2 needlecase and 2 pincushion angels for the April swap. PLEASE let me know if you can help out.

mary quilting 05-16-2013 06:20 PM

Very pretty. I always have to make one for me. So I make a new pattern for each swap.

Originally Posted by TiltedEars (Post 6068078)
Here is my friendship flower pincushion. You make 3 pillows then tie them all together.

Pat625 05-16-2013 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]413928[/ATTACH]

I received a wonderful Dresden plate pincushion today from Quilter Momma.SHe also sent me the nicest bar of handmade soap and a spool of silk thread. I can't wait to try a new thread!! I love it all, and the pincushion is already in use!! Thank you SO MUCH!

TiltedEars 05-16-2013 07:27 PM

Beautiful dresden pin cushion & love the extra goodies, too!

mrsmck 05-16-2013 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Rosebud (Post 6067840)
Pat - I had to 'Google' needle cases last month because I had never heard of them either! :D
I will be postal tomorrow. I HATE shipping on the deadline, but baseball for my DS has eaten up all my free time for the past three weeks. I have my pin cushions finished - I just can't get myself to the PO! Grr.
Sorry to my SP's for making them wait! I will try shipping international without a tracking number. If I can get it under $20 that will make me happy.

Old-Rosebud I posted my mug rug to USA last week from Australia. For international it goes on weight so I added a few goodies which would of gone for the same price of a mug rug by itself.
I posted it cheaply and the plain envelope came back to me empty mind you... When I posted again with my "practice" mug rug :-(( and new goodies I made sure everything was in bubble rapped envelope for safety. Postage was under $14 without tracking. ($6 more for tracking).
An expensive first swap for me.

Quilty-Louise 05-17-2013 05:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a sneak peek at the top of my pincushion that I am
making.

I know today is the mail by date, but with all that has been going on
with my life I am going to be mailing either on Saturday or Monday at
the latest.

Secret partner I HOPE you will like the pincushion I am making for you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413983[/ATTACH]

lynnie 05-17-2013 08:07 AM

mmmm yummy fabric

Old_Rosebud 05-17-2013 10:10 AM

QL - perfect fabric for a pin cushion! Glad to see you here - been thinking about you.
Thanks for all the advice on international shipping. Went back to the PO today, got a different employee, and low and behold it only cost me $12! Much better!
Mrsmck - Oh no! Did someone develop sticky fingers during transit? If my box comes back empty I will be VERY disappointed...
I am loving that octopus/flower pin cushion! Everybody has done a great job and the creativity is very inspiring.