Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Mini Quilt Swap- sign ups close June 20th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mini-quilt-swap-sign-ups-close-june-20th-t248326.html)

Elisabrat 06-16-2014 05:47 AM

try skinny binding? I know its harder but it might be worth it or perhaps cut the back slightly larger so you can pull it over the front and make a 'fake' binding looks like it was done completely but its just turned back fabric :) easy to do if you remember (I forget all the time) to cut it 2" larger than you would the front. pull over and turn and its not going to cover too much. I think one could improvise on the binding pretty easily and if it is a required thing then just remember that when buying a kit or cutting your fabrics. add a skinny round to your pattern so you have room to pull over and still show off your great little quilt!

tlambing 06-16-2014 07:51 AM

I'd really like to see some kind of binding on these. I think skinny binding is a great idea.
After all these are mini "quilts" :)

kiffie2413 06-16-2014 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6760652)
try skinny binding? I know its harder but it might be worth it or perhaps cut the back slightly larger so you can pull it over the front and make a 'fake' binding looks like it was done completely but its just turned back fabric :) easy to do if you remember (I forget all the time) to cut it 2" larger than you would the front. pull over and turn and its not going to cover too much. I think one could improvise on the binding pretty easily and if it is a required thing then just remember that when buying a kit or cutting your fabrics. add a skinny round to your pattern so you have room to pull over and still show off your great little quilt!

JuneBillie, that lil quilt was too cute..
Brat, your idea of fold back over with nice turned under edge is what I do quite often. I miter corners, do a hand stitch all around, and Tada! It's done..
K

tlambing 06-17-2014 08:15 AM

I worked on my mini a bit over the wknd...and sign ups don't even close til Friday ;)
We have 20 swappers so far!!! What a nice group.

What are your "summer" theme thoughts? Colors? swimming, picnicking, bbq, fireflies????

Quilty-Louise 06-17-2014 09:57 AM

I have been struggling to narrow down my ideas LOL.

So far I have on the list:

Flowers
Picnic
BBQ
Swimming
Boating
Fishing
Kite Flying (that is more spring though)
Beach
Summer Colors
Pieced
Applique
Machine Embroidery

My crazy hubs suggested Christmas in July,,,, ummm not really LOL.

So many choices so little time (kinda).

tlambing 06-17-2014 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Frankie is feeling the BBQ, Yum!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]479515[/ATTACH]

Quilty-Louise 06-17-2014 12:26 PM

I am staring to lean more towards doing something with machine
embroidery.

EL just put up their new designs this week and there are MANY
cute summer themed designs at $1.00 each. Link below.

SUMMER Themed designs

Quilty-Louise 06-17-2014 12:27 PM

Frankie is so adorable! Must be cooler for him (her?) with the summer
cut.

tlambing 06-17-2014 02:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 6762636)
Frankie is so adorable! Must be cooler for him (her?) with the summer
cut.

Yes, he is cooler but not as cute!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]479542[/ATTACH]

tlambing 06-17-2014 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=Quilty-Louise;6762632]I am staring to lean more towards doing something with machine
embroidery.

EL just put up their new designs this week and there are MANY
cute summer themed designs at $1.00 each. Link below.

OMG! Did you see the picnic in the line? How cute is that! That and the gardening line. Sew cute! I don't have embroidery capability :(
Someday maybe......