Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Modern Mini Quilt swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/modern-mini-quilt-swap-t189175.html)

abdconsultant 05-20-2012 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 5227907)
check your records. you are showing havplenty (me) as number 5 and number 10. i know i have a split personality sometimes and i had two ideas for minis this time, but i should only send 1.

now to help me decide which one to send:

~ should it be the first idea
or
~ should it be the second idea?:)

glad someone is watching....

Havplenty 05-20-2012 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5229177)
golds-- what if i don't like that color? jk, i'm sure it's beautiful!!

well mine will be multi-colored so hopefully there will be enough colors that you like to compensate for the ones that you like less.:thumbup:

abdconsultant 05-20-2012 05:45 PM

I have completed my 1st one, I must say this was a very different process for me. I did a scrappy modern and offset the center, then quilted with straight lines off set, , like driving in the rain. I didn't know what to look at for a guide. Now I'm going to work with a solid gray fabric and a color for pop, no pattern just solid I think I'll try the circle pattern for the quilting.This is so hard since my trademark work is texture everywhere.

LeslieFrost 05-20-2012 06:25 PM

Lindsay, I love your avatar! What pattern is that?

Originally Posted by HappierThanABird (Post 5226271)
I PM'd you, but I want to join in!

goldsberry921 05-21-2012 03:37 AM

You may be on to something...

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5229965)
ooo, that's an idea! maybe mark zuckerman has the dough! these things are priceless!

Mamaskeeto 05-22-2012 05:31 AM

Thinking on this swap. I have really enjoyed looking at lots of modern quilts but not sure it I'm ready to jump in. I have sometime to think abouot it.

abdconsultant 05-22-2012 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto (Post 5234512)
Thinking on this swap. I have really enjoyed looking at lots of modern quilts but not sure it I'm ready to jump in. I have sometime to think abouot it.

come on in, I'm cold turkey modern....join me.

heyuitsme 05-22-2012 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto (Post 5234512)

This is my first quilt swap of any kind! (can you say nervous!?!) But, I figured a mini quilt was a great way to get a foot in the door. Come on in, the waters fine!

QuilterMomma 05-22-2012 09:39 AM

I am just looking right now. I will make a decision before the deadline. Have to finish my other two swaps first then if time, will do this. I have a concept of what needs to be done. Will keep on back burner.

goldsberry921 05-22-2012 11:02 AM

I'm a newbie at the modern mini quilt challenge. I am hoping the one I made meets the qualifications, and if for some reason it doesn't, it was still fun to make and I will chalk it up as a learning experience.