Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Modern Mini Quilt swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/modern-mini-quilt-swap-t189175.html)

goldsberry921 05-19-2012 01:31 PM

For me personally, I enjoy seeing what others create for me. I am not picky at all. It's more fun for me that way. Probably less pressure on the other party. So whomever I get as my partner already has a heads up. :D I have already made my top today too....

Originally Posted by heyuitsme (Post 5228115)
Is this swap entirely up to the designer to come up with the quilt pattern, or do we wait for a partner and see what their preference is for color/design/etc?
I am very sure I am waaaay over-complicating this, but I want to make sure I do this right. :)

-just spent I don't know how long going over the Modern Quilt Guild's 100 Days of Modern Quilting....soooooooo amazing!

nancia 05-19-2012 01:36 PM

goldsberry-- you now what they say about great minds!! sounds like havplenty has our ideas, too! woo hoo! let all the ponies run!

nancia 05-19-2012 01:40 PM

my understanding is you can do it either way. i like to meet my partner and then base my quilt on something obscure she says. it helps me know what she would appreciate the most. once i just haad an idea and went with it before i had a partner and that worked out to, i think! i haven't actually had that trade complete yet. :eek::D what, me worry? nawww

Havplenty 05-19-2012 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 5228294)
for some more inspiration here are pics of the entries for the recent modern mini quilt challenge. some really creative stuff.

to my upcoming partner: please feel free to design what you like for me. l luv modern colorful prints and i love all colors. let your creative juices flow and do not feel any restrictions. i am looking forward to seeing what you have created for me!!!!

and to my upcoming partner: i work best when i can create what is in my mind. i am a creative person naturally and by training. i already have two designs in mind and will probably make them both and choose closer to the date. i did put it out there for suggestions on the first idea or the second idea. feel free to voice your opinion and i will take it into consideration.:thumbup:

nancia 05-19-2012 06:28 PM

you know, havplenty, like the second idea better. but if you get goldsberry you are going to have to do the first idea. lol!

Havplenty 05-19-2012 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5228904)
you know, havplenty, like the second idea better. but if you get goldsberry you are going to have to do the first idea. lol!

lol:D:D:D thanks.

goldsberry921 05-19-2012 07:03 PM

Confession, mine is done!!!

nancia 05-19-2012 11:08 PM

golds-- what if i don't like that color? jk, i'm sure it's beautiful!!

goldsberry921 05-20-2012 02:49 AM

Nancia,

hmmm, ebay it maybe? LOL

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5229177)
golds-- what if i don't like that color? jk, i'm sure it's beautiful!!

nancia 05-20-2012 08:36 AM

ooo, that's an idea! maybe mark zuckerman has the dough! these things are priceless!