Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Modern Mini Quilt swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/modern-mini-quilt-swap-t189175.html)

JuneBillie 05-25-2012 08:34 PM

Welcome to those that just signed on.

Havplenty 05-25-2012 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5243430)
havplenty, honey-- i'm getting the impression you don't like surprises. lol! but since i wouldn't give any hints on this earlier, i will give you one now. bigger than a breadbox!:D

i luv surprises.:D

abdconsultant 05-26-2012 04:38 AM

Lets see some ideas ladies, fabric choices, photos of design ideas, etc...........................help us get going............................................. ......................................please.

nancia 05-26-2012 07:09 AM

you are a little ahead of me, abd. i'm still at the idea stage. will start drawing this afternoon, i hope. color that first comes to mind is blue--rich cobalt or lapis. maybe 3 colors added sparsely. does that help?

Havplenty 05-26-2012 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by abdconsultant (Post 5243800)
Lets see some ideas ladies, fabric choices, photos of design ideas, etc...........................help us get going............................................. ......................................please.

ideas eh? i am using a moda charm pack. i decided it was easier than trying to dig out all of my kaffe fasset fabrics and snip small pieces. and here is the start of my design idea. each one of these squares will be filled by a piece of fabric.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337987[/ATTACH]

Linny 05-26-2012 08:52 AM

Well, my first one was a wash.....still have some of the same ideas. My colors aren't as vivid, but the design is very simple and I'm hoping the quilting will give it what it needs. We'll see. It is nature inspired. I think art quilts are very different from patchwork. I'm having fun with it now and I hope someone will enjoy getting it.

Linny 05-26-2012 09:21 AM

abd, guess I didn't reveal much in the way of ideas...I use art.com for inspiration and I love trees, so trees it is. I'm going to colorize them to give a needed punch of color and am using sharpie permanent pens with alcohol. There's a combination of applique and regular piecing before machine quilting. Gosh, I hope it works out.

nancia 05-26-2012 10:37 AM

i will try to post some photos. the first shows possible color palette, and the rest are an antique crazy quilt i inherited from my gm. the yellow grosgrain ribbon was used post-american revolution for cigar wrappers. thought you'd like the eye candy! i am posting these on the may dq thread, too.

sorry, no pictures. according to the window i'm waiting for the quiltboard, 3 minutes. will try again later. knew it was going too smoothly! lol;)

978gray 05-27-2012 06:58 AM

Just sent a pm. Sounds like fun

SewExtremeSeams 05-28-2012 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Linny (Post 5244392)
...am using sharpie permanent pens with alcohol.

What do you mean? Inquiring minds want to know.

[or, maybe AN inquiring mind, at least!:D]