Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

mscupid804 03-18-2013 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 5936724)
Me too, MsCupid - jes lemme know. Hope all is well with you..:thumbup: Hugs

TY OK, I sure will.:)

Whigrose 03-18-2013 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
Thought I'd share with you what I have been doing with all the beautiful turquoise and white blocks I received from this swap during 2012.

I've just spent the last two days framing each block to measure 14.5" with three coordinating fabrics. I will be adding sashing and maybe cornerstones, and then it is going to one of my favorite long-arm quilters for her to work her magic (thank you Quiltermomma :-).

A huge 'Thank you!' to each of you that have contributed to this quilt. I will post a photo when it is done-done.

And to all my red and white log cabin swappers, past, current and future - Onward! :-)

best,
d
I would welcome any input regarding borders, sashing, and cornerstones. And, I should say this, the blocks are laid out in no particular order. I was just anxious to see them together at this point.

coconuts 03-18-2013 04:34 PM

It's beautiful. Glad I was one of the exchangers!

Judith1005 03-18-2013 05:50 PM

Whigrose, all your turquoise and white blocks look fantastic! It's a Pretty color combo. I really enjoy seeing all your blocks together. :-)

terriamn 03-18-2013 06:30 PM

Judith glad you liked the block, centering the deer was a challenge. Have had the tweed looking fabric for awhile and never could find just the right fabric to use it with. Thought it went perfect with the differnt colors in the center of the block. Yours arrived and It's great, the lime green just pops. Will send a picture later.

Terriamn

Annaquilts 03-19-2013 05:58 AM

That looks gorgeous! I really enjoy seeing pictures of all the blocks together.

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5937401)
Hi all,
Thought I'd share with you what I have been doing with all the beautiful turquoise and white blocks I received from this swap during 2012.

hav4boys 03-19-2013 07:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Received these fantastic blocks from Terriamn. I absolutely love them. Thank you!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402786[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402787[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402788[/ATTACH]

cjr 03-19-2013 08:39 AM

Whiggoose,
It is amazing how beautigully all the different blocks blend together.All the different colors choosen by many different quilters look like done by one person. Happy to see mine. Be sure to post finished quilt.

rfbrazell 03-19-2013 02:10 PM

The Turquoise and white. I like the layout too. What a great job.
R

zzmom 03-21-2013 08:39 AM

That is beautiful! How exciting to see all of your swap blocks together! Can't wait to see it once the LA quilter has worked on it.

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5937401)
Hi all,

I've just spent the last two days framing each block to measure 14.5" with three coordinating fabrics. I will be adding sashing and maybe cornerstones, and then it is going to one of my favorite long-arm quilters for her to work her magic (thank you Quiltermomma :-).

A huge 'Thank you!' to each of you that have contributed to this quilt. I will post a photo when it is done-done.

And to all my red and white log cabin swappers, past, current and future - Onward! :-)

best,
d
I would welcome any input regarding borders, sashing, and cornerstones. And, I should say this, the blocks are laid out in no particular order. I was just anxious to see them together at this point.