Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

MadeinMaine 08-16-2010 02:16 PM

Hurrah for all the new blocks posted! Gotta love this!

SulaBug 08-16-2010 03:13 PM

simplecomforts,

Your new blocks are wonderful. What a great idea for a quilt theme!! :D Moosegirl always does a wonderful job. I will be so anxious to see how the rest of your collection turn's out!! Fun-Fun!!
:D :D :D :D

ljdugas31 08-16-2010 04:37 PM

moosegirl i haven't forgot you sending out your block tommorrow, I 'v been sick in bed for the last week,feeling better so i will get to post office.

MadeinMaine 08-16-2010 06:04 PM

Please welcome two new members to our great group of swappers:

rlcl
Theme- classic blue and white blocks
or blue and yellow blocks

and

materialgrl
Theme: pink and brown

HAVE FUN!!!

kwiltkrazy 08-16-2010 08:37 PM

Simple comforts love your new blocks. Are you saving up blocks for two different children? They are fun themes.

moosegirl 08-17-2010 05:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Two more wonderful blocks to add to the collection from simplecomforts-love the hand painted & stitched moose. Moosegirl

Moose
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98544[/ATTACH]

Hourglass
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98545[/ATTACH]

simplecomforts 08-17-2010 05:50 AM

Don't laugh their for me. I always wanted a bear quilt. When I was growing up I collected teddy bears. And even had a few favorite bears. I have since given away my bear collection. But I still have one favorite. I guess its nice to have one bear to hug when your feeling down. It does help. I was a Charlie Brown fan from little on. I thought it would be fun to make a quilt with all the Charlie Brown and snoopy fabric out there. And now I will have some great blocks made by the quilting board to add to my quilts.

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Simple comforts love your new blocks. Are you saving up blocks for two different children? They are fun themes.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

simplecomforts 08-17-2010 05:57 AM

Moosegirl do you know why the moose has his hoof stuck in a pan?

Originally Posted by moosegirl
Two more wonderful blocks to add to the collection from simplecomforts-love the hand painted & stitched moose. Moosegirl

moosegirl 08-17-2010 06:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I did wonder but since moose are on the loose in big towns all over the north-they seem to step into backyards so I thought it was a water bowl. Moosegirl

moose collection
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98556[/ATTACH]

simplecomforts 08-17-2010 06:35 AM

wow look at all the stuffed moose. I understand now why you call yourself moosegirl. I don't feel bad anymore about telling people that I collected teddy bears. Here's the story about the moose in my block. You went camping one day and left your pan with some food in it. The moose came to close to your picnic table and smelled the food in the pan. He put his nose into it and said yuck. Knocked the pan to the ground. Heard noise from your camper, got scared and turned to run. whoops put his hoof down in the wrong place. The mush in the pan was like glue he couldn't release his hoof from the pan. Poor moose. So that's why the moose in the block has his hoof stuck in a pan. I had a lot experience when camping with animals around.