Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

SulaBug 08-18-2010 12:09 PM

Elly,
I am so glad that you received my block!! :D Thank you for sharing with all of us!! I was hoping that it would fit in with your theme. It was fun making it for you!!
:D :D :D :D

cjr 08-18-2010 01:01 PM

Beautiful block from bibliostone arrived today. DH will be photo later will post in next day. Love the block!!! Thank You.
caroline

sew cornie 08-18-2010 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Corry

Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
Welcome to our newest participant, Corry, with a Christmas theme. Thanks for joining us!

Thank you for the welcome, I am looking forward to starting this next month. I have seen some beautiful blocks posted in this thread for the quilting bee swap. When we are assigned our quilting partner for the month can we ask them any questions about what they like? For instance I do alot of machine embroidery but would like to make sure my pal would want embroidery on her block. I also like to do applique but would want to be sure they would even want that on their block. This project sounds like so much fun and I am really looking forward to next month.

Certainly feel free to chat with your partner about what you'd each prefer or not. That's the great thing about this swap - the opportunity to make blocks in a more personal way than in a large group swap. Have fun!

MadeinMaine 08-18-2010 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie

Originally Posted by Corry

Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
Welcome to our newest participant, Corry, with a Christmas theme. Thanks for joining us!

Thank you for the welcome, I am looking forward to starting this next month. I have seen some beautiful blocks posted in this thread for the quilting bee swap. When we are assigned our quilting partner for the month can we ask them any questions about what they like? For instance I do alot of machine embroidery but would like to make sure my pal would want embroidery on her block. I also like to do applique but would want to be sure they would even want that on their block. This project sounds like so much fun and I am really looking forward to next month.

Certainly feel free to chat with your partner about what you'd each prefer or not. That's the great thing about this swap - the opportunity to make blocks in a more personal way than in a large group swap. Have fun!

I love your response, SewCornie - the communication is a great
opportunity to learn a little bit more about your partner - their favorite colors, methods, other blocks they've received, etc and then you can use those bits and pieces to create your interpretation. And you may find you have much more in common! And who couldn't use another friend ? ! ? :thumbup: :D

ljdugas31 08-18-2010 07:16 PM

cory welcome and i hope i get you for a partner,i LOVE machine embroidery.You are really going to like the swap. I love it and i have a hard time waiting for the next month to do it all over again.

Aully 08-19-2010 08:13 AM

Hey everyone,
Pre warning, I have a partner for this as well as I am doing extra swaps. Unfortunately my sewing machine is not working at the moment so your blocks may be late, I hope that is okay, I am very sorry about this. I am doing many things to try and get my machine working again I even have a post created for it under MAIN. :(

goldendog55 08-19-2010 06:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I received a wonderful 1930s block from DAHNA42 yesterday, and an extra block too! Thanks so much! She also sent me some scraps left over from the block!

charismah 08-19-2010 08:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I forgot to post a picture of my block from my partner..SHAME ON ME! I love it! It is perfect thank you so much SD parent!
CHarisma

kwiltkrazy 08-19-2010 09:03 PM

Very pretty blocks. What pattern is Charismah's?

MadeinMaine 08-20-2010 02:10 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOO, so pretty!>>Beautiful block by sdparent.