Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Gwenny 02-07-2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by AngieS
I have my blocks done....just got to get them in the mail. Does anyone ever worry that maybe their block is a little too odd or just concerned that the person won't really like it?

Yes Angie I do worry about that also. I just started and will be sending out my first block for the swap tomorrow. I like it so hope she will also. Try our best and hope they will all enjoy them. We are all different and have a different taste. It sounds like a good group of people on here and all will be happy to get what we send them. Good luck with your swaps.

quiltingnonie 02-07-2011 01:01 PM

I've been participating in this swap for about a year, doing extra swaps often, and I will say that there have only been one or two blocks I didn't just love! But I figure when they are all sewn into a quilt, they will be just fine. :)

abonda 02-07-2011 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
MegsAnn I got your beautiful block today!! Thank you so much It goes perfect with my theme and the rest of my blocks. Thanks again.

letsquilt 02-07-2011 04:52 PM

Judy yours will go out real soon, have pattern all drawn out, Hubby will be gone rest of week so I will be sewing. Trying to get things caught up before I go into surgery Friday. But will have a few weeks off work, so will get to sew some then too.

paintmejudy 02-07-2011 04:57 PM

Hope all goes well on Friday, you take care of yourself.

Originally Posted by letsquilt
Judy yours will go out real soon, have pattern all drawn out, Hubby will be gone rest of week so I will be sewing. Trying to get things caught up before I go into surgery Friday. But will have a few weeks off work, so will get to sew some then too.

dotcomdtcm 02-07-2011 05:00 PM

Is there a way I can see the blocks previously posted for one member without scrolling through lots of stuff? I'd like my contribution to complement the others.

jacquie 02-08-2011 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Is there a way I can see the blocks previously posted for one member without scrolling through lots of stuff? I'd like my contribution to complement the others.

hi, i always add my 'partners' as my 'buddies', then it's easier to contact them. if you do that, then click on their name, you can look at their list of topics. you can then look to see if they have posted pics of blocks that they have received from their previous partners. i hope this helps :)
love jacquie xxxx

lisalisa 02-09-2011 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got this today from my jan partner (pats8e8)and although I didn't mention how much I like red, she must have sensed it. She also was kind enough to include a heart pattern fat quarter. They're both wonderful. I love it! Fun stuff

paintmejudy 02-09-2011 03:17 PM

Very pretty, Lisa. Great block, Pat.

Originally Posted by lisalisa
I got this today from my jan partner (pats8e8)and although I didn't mention how much I like red, she must have sensed it. She also was kind enough to include a heart pattern fat quarter. They're both wonderful. I love it! Fun stuff

Veronica 02-09-2011 07:25 PM

What a great block.