Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

burnsk 04-28-2011 12:37 PM

Just dropped blocks at the post office for cnolan and yonnika.

Crafty3790 04-28-2011 01:24 PM

I sent a bunch of blocks out and only heard from a couple of people they received them so if you have received one from me in the last couple of weeks please let me know so I know it didn't get lost in the mail. Thanks

WilliP 04-28-2011 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by toriabelle

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Ok ladies. I know this is off topic, but do any of you know the etiquette for being a bridesmaid. My daughter was asked, she has paid 75 for shoes 150 for dress and now is required, when wedding one week away, has to buy a special "sash" for her dress which is going to cost another 50. She is in college and going to her four year and does not have any money so I have to pay. This bothers me. Back in my day, I paid for everything or my parents did.

Traditionally ALL that has to do with the bride is paid by her father. Nowdays ,though, the bride and her family pay. The rehersal dinner, groomsmen's attire ,etc. is, usually to be cared for by groom. I think that is why the bridesmaids' dresses are usually cheap and not too great, just the right color.

I know you used to have to do everything yourself when asked to be a bridesmaid --if the bride came up with this sash thing so close to the wedding she should foot the bill or let the bridesmaid omit it. It is her wedding, not the beauty pageant. LOL and another roll of duct tape to the bridesmaid please!
WilliP

Veronica 04-28-2011 03:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of beautiful block from Carsey, we did a extra April block swap.
Thank you Carole, I love them.

frostbaa 04-29-2011 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the block that I sent to CIGAINEROJD (Deanna).
Called "Moon Over the Mountain" the colorful background is to represent the northern lights of Alaska.

Moon Over the Mountain
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190725[/ATTACH]

frostbaa 04-29-2011 01:06 PM

Called "Moon Over the Mountain" the colorful background is to represent the northern lights of Alaska.

lindyline 04-29-2011 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by frostbaa

Wow!! What a beautiful rendition of this block.

VaNella 04-29-2011 01:29 PM

Very nice choice of fabrics!

Crafty3790 04-29-2011 02:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is blocks I got for an extra swap and fabric from Linda Dugas I love them.

bird block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190757[/ATTACH]

bird block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190758[/ATTACH]

purty fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190759[/ATTACH]

Crafty3790 04-29-2011 03:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The one is from my april partner jacquie the other is an extra swap from veronica.

from veronica
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190769[/ATTACH]

jacquie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190770[/ATTACH]