Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

debe 06-06-2011 04:04 AM

May block done (along with a few other things I have to swap; but now we have rotating postal strikes so I am not putting anything in the mail right now in case they get lost.....

Foxflower 06-06-2011 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
AngieS.....here is the block I made you. Are these fabrics adequately civil warish?

What does everyone else think? Angie is probably too nice to say if she doesn't like it. Comments on my choice of fabrics for her civil war quilt?

civil war fabric block?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]207504[/ATTACH]

AngieS 06-06-2011 09:17 AM

Oh my gosh I love that! I would be honored to add that to my quilt. :) I am doing the quilt for my Mom and Dad so they aren't going to know what type of theme I was doing anyway. They will be tickled to get a quilt that I made
(sounding a little stuck on myself here-just the thought of my kids doing something that I know took a lot of time and effort would tickle me!) Your block is fine. Thank you so much. ;)

KR 06-06-2011 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lookie at the beautiful block from wanabquilter for our April swap!!

Many thanks, Audrey! I love the pattern and fabrics!

Actually, this is the third patriotic block I've received that has a more "antique-y" look to it, so I think when I've accumulated enough traditional red/white/blue blocks I'll change my theme and go for ones with more of the subdued colors.

Thanks again....I love it! Karen

Crafty3790 06-06-2011 11:47 AM

My mother still uses a quilt I made 20 years ago.I didn't know she still had it she just told me a couple of months ago. I guess it's time to make her a new one but I know she will still use the old one.

bibliostone 06-06-2011 01:59 PM

Received a beautiful applique block from my May partner, dotcomdtcm, today. Will post a picture later. Thank you so much for it.

Crafty3790 06-06-2011 02:49 PM

Well Im finally going to take the plunge I printed off some paper pieced pattterns. Looking foward to trying it.

abonda 06-06-2011 05:07 PM

You go Girl!! You will love it.... :-P

Originally Posted by Crafty3790
Well Im finally going to take the plunge I printed off some paper pieced pattterns. Looking foward to trying it.

abonda 06-06-2011 05:07 PM

You go Girl!! You will love it.... :-P

Originally Posted by Crafty3790

abonda 06-06-2011 05:09 PM

got an extra swap from pokerdiva!! It is just BEAUTIFUL!!!! My memory card is full so I'll post as soon as I can or if you can florence I'd appreciate it..... I Just love love it...
Thank you so much...