Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

jigs1354 08-13-2011 07:13 AM

I GOT YOU FOR MY PARTNER, YEAH!!!
we'll have a good time.
Shirley/Tn.

dotcomdtcm 08-13-2011 08:24 AM

Time to pick new themes!! I have been diligently completing my UFOs. If you are making me any blocks, let me know please and then... see you in September.

rfbrazell 08-13-2011 09:21 AM

11 Attachment(s)
I finished the cattepillar block and I have to tell you, I think you will love it. I am posting pic with this message, here's the story. I went on the net to fnd th original illustration and typed in Original Catterpillar from lewis carroll's book alice in wonderland and the very first hit said" Glen Harris embroidery designs, so I went there and guess what...This man lives in Austrailia and had digitized all of the original illustrations , he wanted 75.00 dollars for the set of 24, I knewI couldn't afford that so I used his email contact and wrote him a note about what you were doing for Molly and in less than 5 minutes he wrote back and gave me th cattepillar desing as a gift for your quilt. It took 165 mintues, actually more like 4 hours to embroidery it but I think it turned out spectacular, just like looking at an isllusration.
Hope you like itl. Will mail on tuesday along with the cheshire cat .
Here ya go
Had a lot of fun doing thisone Dotty.
Pic 1 dotty caterpillar
Pic 2 nd 3 Purses wth bling for Moringcoffeegirl
Pic 4, 5 and 6 Geckos for shnn
Pics 7 and 8 beautiful poodles from sewnmom.
Pic 9 - a great pnk and black poodle named mimi, but I forgot to white on the envelope who it was from....? Let me know.
Pic 10 1nd 11 2 outrageous lanterns from toriabelle...Just perect for the theme.
Also got wonderful blocks from my friend LDJ, but the battery died before I took her pics. Will post when charged.
LOL
Enjoy
R

Geckos still need to be stitched down. Will be in themail on tuesday.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241123[/ATTACH]

rfbrazell 08-13-2011 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We were surpised by a package delivery for Cathy. It was from an Angel named Shirley in TN. Here is a pic of Cathy opening her box and with her helper ( my qulted hanger) CJ our grandson.
Love to all
R

cjr 08-13-2011 09:29 AM

Robert, I sent Mimi, she has a black face & body, head pouf is bright pink tiny flowers

rfbrazell 08-13-2011 09:30 AM

Thank you CJR! Just love her and the name.
Thank you.
R

Originally Posted by cjr
Robert, I sent Mimi, she has a black face & body, head pouf is bright pink tiny flowers

rfbrazell 08-13-2011 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got another package in the mail from one of my Fav's LJD, someone told her I love peacocks and I DO. I think they are so regal and exquisite, and low and behold Look what came in the mail, this beautifl peacock fabric. I just sit here starring at itWorking on the 4 border of a round robin, and A sunflower portrait of Vangoh's . She Also sent Cathy a really nice chemo along with the pattern. Another Angel delivery. I just want you swappers to know I BRAG about you guys all the time. I wish I had the money to have a family reunion in the mid west and bring you all there so we could meet our new famly.
YOU ARE WORTH IT.
love
Robert and Cathy

cowgirlquilter 08-13-2011 09:44 AM

Hi Robert and Cathy......

Feel like I know ya, and please know that there are some schoolkids here in CA that are praying for you......loved the pics, it makes it great to know who we are praying for.

On a happy note, I just finished the two blocks I promised you that have adorable poodles.......but Iam stumped for names. If you pm me with your address, they will go out today.
I am not a poodle person, but I showed my momma (83 and stricken with cancer as well) and she LOVED them, so hope they will do.
Love seeing the artistry of your blocks.......
you are the best!!!!!

Cowgirl

cowgirlquilter 08-13-2011 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
Got another package in the mail from one of my Fav's LJD, someone told her I love peacocks and I DO. I think they are so regal and exquisite, and low and behold Look what came in the mail, this beautifl peacock fabric. I just sit here starring at itWorking on the 4 border of a round robin, and A sunflower portrait of Vangoh's . She Also sent Cathy a really nice chemo along with the pattern. Another Angel delivery. I just want you swappers to know I BRAG about you guys all the time. I wish I had the money to have a family reunion in the mid west and bring you all there so we could meet our new famly.
YOU ARE WORTH IT.
love
Robert and Cathy

If we ever have the time to organize and meet, I am in!!! Also, I have a question for you, Robert. The ranch behind us raises peacocks and I happen to LOVE taking pics. Interested???? tee hee

rfbrazell 08-13-2011 09:51 AM

[quote=cowgirlquilter]Hi Robert and Cathy......

Hey there,
I just want you to know we love you gals and guys. It has been such a inspiration to have met you all. There is power in prayer so thank all the kids, there is nothing more powerful than Kids Praying.
What part of Cali, we live there for 18 years in Atascadero and PasoRobles, mid state near the coast.
Thanks for caring and can't wait to see the Puppies....
Will send now PM.
R