Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Lv2sew2011 08-30-2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
I just got notification that my new embroidery machine has been shipped, a VIKING DIAMOND....
I can't wait. My Brother ULT 2001 has been a great machine and I still use it, (until my new one gets here) then Dolly (the machine) is flying to New York City....

Originally Posted by fromzstore

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris
wish me luck...............

learned a thing or two with the blocks for sustraley

still working on the color combinations

They all look nice...

you will love the embrodiery machine i use mine all the time

Awesome Robert! Can't wait to see what you can do with that new machine, cause the one you have now does a awesome job that's forsure....

dotcomdtcm 08-30-2011 06:07 PM

It's not the machine; it's RFB Fabuloso!

rfbrazell 08-30-2011 06:09 PM

Hey there Donna,
I know, I can't wait. You are going to have so much fun. The big Threes are
Stabilizer, fabric to correspond with the type of design, the heavier the design, the heavier the fabric or heavier stablizer should be, and MAKE sure your bobbin is full, it's a bummer to have to change the bobbin in the middle of a design, it can be done, but it is so much eaiser to fill it up before you start.
Have a great time.......
R

I just got notification that my new embroidery machine has been shipped, a VIKING DIAMOND....
I can't wait. My Brother ULT 2001 has been a great machine and I still use it, (until my new one gets here) then Dolly (the machine) is flying to New York City....

They all look nice...

Awesome Robert! Can't wait to see what you can do with that new machine, cause the one you have now does a awesome job that's forsure....

rfbrazell 08-30-2011 06:15 PM

Love you Diva....I will pm you with the facts on the shipping to you can track it.

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm

fromzstore 08-30-2011 06:23 PM

Love you Diva....I will pm you with the facts on the shipping to you can track it.

oh dot are you going to be embrodiery now i didnt think you liked embrodiery that much

shnnn 08-30-2011 06:50 PM

Hey Momma,
Maybe like the wild west eta, cowboys, cactus, covered wagons....etc.
Thats my take on Spirit of the west.
R

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
An interpretation please. Not sure what to do for a block. Theme is "Spirit of the West". I did some wildlife animals, turned out nice, but not sure if that is right. Any suggestions?

I think wildlife fits, but maybe not West specific enough? Cowboys, cactus etc I agree are more "western"

sapdoggie 08-30-2011 06:56 PM

rattlesnakes, cougar, wolves, buffalo, horses- American Indian- Navajo- cowboys - western towns

mountains, sunsets and sunrises,

Some things that cross my mind.

Lv2sew2011 08-30-2011 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by shnnn

Hey Momma,
Maybe like the wild west eta, cowboys, cactus, covered wagons....etc.
Thats my take on Spirit of the west.
R

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
An interpretation please. Not sure what to do for a block. Theme is "Spirit of the West". I did some wildlife animals, turned out nice, but not sure if that is right. Any suggestions?

I think wildlife fits, but maybe not West specific enough? Cowboys, cactus etc I agree are more "western"

the name of this block is Spirt of the West thought it was pretty cool!

Lv2sew2011 08-30-2011 07:11 PM

Well that too! LOL :thumbup:

Lv2sew2011 08-30-2011 07:12 PM

Hey there Donna,
I know, I can't wait. You are going to have so much fun. The big Threes are
Stabilizer, fabric to correspond with the type of design, the heavier the design, the heavier the fabric or heavier stablizer should be, and MAKE sure your bobbin is full, it's a bummer to have to change the bobbin in the middle of a design, it can be done, but it is so much eaiser to fill it up before you start.
Have a great time.......
R

They all look nice...

OH my so much to learn...LOL