Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

seymoore 09-01-2011 10:30 AM

Thanks for the Bday wishes!!!! I'm turning 50 this year and am not sure yet how I feel about it! LOL :-)

rfbrazell 09-01-2011 10:35 AM

Agree. I want to encourage new quilters. I remember what it was like when I was one, ( in some ways I still am). the more I quilted the better I got, So encouragement is the road to travel.
A kind word turns away fear and rejections.
Thanks for asking.
You are doing great.
R

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Got a question for you swappers, if you were hosting a swap, and a new quilter joined your swap and you knew that the person was a new quilter and this quilter told you that he/she didn't know how to test fabric before he/she sent it, would you leave feed back like this (I would give a NEUTRAL instead of positive- submitted poly fabric- should of 'confirmed' prior to mailing fabrics.. However communication exceeded expectations..)????

And the new quilter said she was sorry more than once for the mistake?

I would never leave negative feed back that the public would see, especially for a new quilter. One sure fire way to lose what will someday be a great quilter! This is something that should have been handled by the swap host/hostess in my opinion.

When you enter into a swap you knowingly are aware that there are quilters of all skill levels. That being said not every item you receive will be 100% perfect. (doesn't mean that only new quilters make flubs either)

I have 2 rules I follow:
1. Always be gracious!
2. Only give advice when asked! (reason being we all arn't perfect)

QuilterMomma 09-01-2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by seymoore
Thanks for the Bday wishes!!!! I'm turning 50 this year and am not sure yet how I feel about it! LOL :-)

You feel fabulous, fantastic, and exhillerated because you made it thus far and have at least another 50 or so to go. You have spent your life doing the best you can and will do so the other half. You are closer to retirement, maybe 20 years or so I am sure, so you can spend more time quilting.

jigs1354 09-01-2011 10:38 AM

Cathy, please, please get through this treatment and hope that it's better soon and you don't need anymore of those treatments. We are sending you lots of our prayers to get you through this time and hope you are much better soon and back on the road to complete recovery. You get better girl!!
lots of love. Shirley/Tn.

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Prayers said for Cathy, hoping the chemo doesn't make her sick this time around...

rfbrazell 09-01-2011 10:38 AM

Any just because I have the software that will change the file, my machine uses pes, but I can change it to HUS, VIP, any of the embroidery designs.
You have been so busy, the fans are beautiful.
Haven't talked to you for a while. How did you do with the storm?
Love you
R

Short an Sweet 09-01-2011 11:02 AM

since I hit 40 I have enjoyed every year even more than the year before, now I'm 53 and still love getting older!!! don't always like the aches and pains that go with it but I just try to ignore those lol

KGoodhand 09-01-2011 12:21 PM

Happy Birthday to my fellow September babies!!!

Morningcoffeegal 09-01-2011 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
You missed mine Morningcoffee, it was August 23.

Awe ,well Happy Belated Birthday!

I just started making the list a little over a wk ago so I missed alot of August Birthdays I'll make sure I catch it next year!

fromzstore 09-01-2011 12:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
just finished 2 wall hangings for another swap i am doing not going to mention which ones in case my partners are on the board will post pictures tell me what you think

a 50's theme would be fun or are none of you old enough to remember the 50's

Morningcoffeegal 09-01-2011 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by seymoore

Welcome to the Nifty Fifty Club! Whoooooohoooooo BIG "5" "0"!
I'm doing the BIG 50's dance for yah!
One thing thats nice is you have a whole year to decide how you like 50! LOL Enjoy It!

Happy Birthday!