Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

jacquie 09-27-2011 01:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here are some beauties that have arrived today! lucky me!!
:)
thank you ladies!!! i now think my butterfly/dragonfly collection is complete!!

butterflies from 'shnnn'... aug swap.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263308[/ATTACH]

butterflies... 'lillie', june swap...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263313[/ATTACH]

Lv2sew2011 09-27-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
Here is another Santa going to my friend in OK. I hope she thinks its OK......It is the Danish St. Nick.
I like doing them because i can make what ever fabrics and color scheme I want and it's like making costumes again, but they will always fit and no gets to back talk to the designer......LOL
R

How big is that loop Robert? I would love to have a big Santa for a panel in one of my quilts, I think my biggest loop is 10 X 6

Lv2sew2011 09-27-2011 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by jacquie
here are some beauties that have arrived today! lucky me!!
:)
thank you ladies!!! i now think my butterfly/dragonfly collection is complete!!

How awesome jacquie, and to let you know I recieved your blocks today....and I loved them....Thank you Thank you!

Lv2sew2011 09-27-2011 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
Oh Roberto another stunning block! I just so love seeing your work it inspires me! To bad I didn't live in OK! LOL Your Santa are all amazing! :)

Beautiful blocks you all are amazing quilters! I so enjoy seeing everyones work! Fantastic!

Dotty your DD's quilt is going to be terrific, lots of color! Another talented daughter! Wonder where they get the gene from! :)

Well raining here today so I am spending the day taking down drapes, cleaning blinds & windows & putting all fresh clean drapes up. I have a few of these pesty Stink bugs & they love to hide up in the folds of your drapes! Ohhhhh I dislike them! Does anyone else have these pesty pest! have a great day everyone! Make something Beautiful!

Here is another Santa going to my friend in OK. I hope she thinks its OK......It is the Danish St. Nick.
I like doing them because i can make what ever fabrics and color scheme I want and it's like making costumes again, but they will always fit and no gets to back talk to the designer......LOL
R

I don't get pesty bugs, but I do get pesty spiders and can't figure out where there coming from, unless they are coming from the fireplace...

rfbrazell 09-27-2011 02:52 PM

the hoop is 13 v 7.5 and I have abigger on that is 14x13

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011

R

How big is that loop Robert? I would love to have a big Santa for a panel in one of my quilts, I think my biggest loop is 10 X 6

KGoodhand 09-27-2011 05:56 PM

Robert you make beautiful Santas!!!

Morningcoffeegal 09-28-2011 08:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Going away for a few days so posting a few early!

cyd 9/28
shnnn 9/29
seymoore 9/30

Happy Birthday to each of you from All of Us on the Monthly Quilt Swap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hyJs...feature=fvwrel

shnnn 09-28-2011 08:29 AM

Thank you! and have fun while your away, but don't stay gone too long - we'll miss you!

QuilterMomma 09-28-2011 12:47 PM

Has anyone used the Quilt-Pro Systems Mariners Compass program? I pruchased it just a couple of weeks ago and am doing a block for my partner and it is a bugger. Two of the paper piece patterns were backwards so after sewing them all, you realize this and have to make two more wedges, then it does not give you a sized template for the outer ring to setin your compass. Boy, if I had know that it was going to be so mixed up, I would not have purchased the program. I wanted to do something special for my partner this month and I have been definitely challenged. Yes, I did sew them correctly because I marked colors on each and every number for the block. It was not a complicated pattern, but marked them correctly. That was the first thing I checked to be sure I did not do something wrong.

Crafty3790 09-28-2011 02:08 PM

I sent my partners block out yesterday.