Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

Likethedog 12-27-2013 02:46 PM

Brat -- no, I've never had brain cramp or other types of problems remembering all the many things I have to juggle -- no, of course not! And I'm looking forward to the end of 2005 and the start of 2006 this coming Wednesday...

Scrapper 12-27-2013 09:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Lookie at mee block from cowgirlquilter ......see the darlin snowman Christmas tree?

JuneBillie 12-28-2013 07:20 PM

That's a very pretty block.

Elisabrat 12-29-2013 06:24 AM

wow adorable :)

Are you ready for the New Year? celebrations? we will be quiet and hang out for sure, bet the tv will have sports on it or if the weather is semi good perhaps not and my dh will go fishing. Fishing is his joy just like my quilting is to me. I have round robins to work on and this huge box of ufo's to work on. Why is it so fun to start a project and not so much fun to put silly things like sashing or borders on them? let alone quilt them. I love the block/top making not so much the quilting. sigh... so UFO's come.. I had best get in that box so I know what kind of blocks I need coming up from this swap!

Scrapper 12-29-2013 11:13 AM

LOL ready or not, it's almost here. Husband and I stay home where it's safe and peaceful heehee.....you know how it goes.....once one is past all that PARTY stuff.....ya just wanna stay home where yer comfy cozy....
UFO's????? I love making the tops then I get discouraged with all the layering and basting and move on. A couple of months ago I dug out all those quilt tops.....with the idea I was bound and determined to finish the quilts and clear my conscience......I pressed and starched them, matched them with the backing and lo and behold....There they still are....stacked all over the place HEEHEE.....

rfbrazell 12-29-2013 02:07 PM

That's what we do too! Stay home, If we want to have a drinky we usual go to a friends home that's locally. We go out into the street with our grandkids with pots and pans.
Hope everyone of our BOM Family a very happy New Year! Ya'll.
See you all in the new year.
Roberto

Originally Posted by Scrapper (Post 6480264)
LOL ready or not, it's almost here. Husband and I stay home where it's safe and peaceful heehee.....you know how it goes.....once one is past all that PARTY stuff.....ya just wanna stay home where yer comfy cozy....
UFO's????? I love making the tops then I get discouraged with all the layering and basting and move on. A couple of months ago I dug out all those quilt tops.....with the idea I was bound and determined to finish the quilts and clear my conscience......I pressed and starched them, matched them with the backing and lo and behold....There they still are....stacked all over the place HEEHEE.....

Elisabrat 12-29-2013 07:35 PM

I had several of my quilt projects quilted last year by Jaba and probably will have as many as possible quilted by her or someone else should she be overloaded. I need them finished! today I took out the seams on one half quilted horribly might I add by ME and well that was a picnic. then the bigger project.. a ufo with all the sashing and borders added.. removed them all. hate what I had used it didn't sit right hence it was in the UFO box for months now. it took me 7 hours to remove them all slowly then pick out the little threads. ugh. so glad I am now officially finished. that makes one ready to be quilted by someone not me, one ready to be sashed and finished correctly and then 8 more to put together kid you not the pile is too big to ignore. upside what a productive quilt year I will have lol most are more than half done.. :) just finishing. oh joy. and then there are these blocks.. now I know what I need to finish my quilts out. phew. I will be asleep on NY's oh about 9 pm. its a clinic day and that means nighty night long before that ball drops.. no pots and pans for us so please Robert can you bang them a little bit for me too?

JuneBillie 12-30-2013 12:12 AM

We stay home too where it is safe and calm. We usually sit up, and pray in the New Year, and share some sparkling grape juice.

Retired Fire Chief 12-30-2013 04:22 AM

We used to stay home, I am definitely not a night owl since I get up around 5:30 every morning. A few year ago we started celebrating with our neighbors, we started doing a progressive dinner between 5 houses but the last few years we down sized and now just do 3 houses, someone usually does salad type goodies, soups and lots of deserts of course. Everybody pitches in and brings some beer and wine, nobody drinks a lot and there's usually a few fun games going on. We stay awake until hugs and kisses are spread at the new year and then everyone disperses to their homes and their snuggly beds - it's going to be below zero so it will be super cold going home. And with the ice, I'm sure everyone will drive instead of walk from house to house (long driveways!) The only problem is I will be so pooped New Years day I will most likely nap off and on all day.

Happy safe New Years to everyone here, you are such a wonderful gift! Thank you the love and support you give to everyone, I'm truly blessed to have found you! Linda

frenchfryqueen 12-30-2013 05:18 AM

My block for tqualley, my "official" partner, is going home today. Just under the wire. JuanitaBean, yours will get finished up tonight and go out tomorrow.

My DH bought my the last three seasons of the Golden Girls for Christmas, and I had to watch a bit of it yesterday. :)