Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Needle Case/Book Exchange (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/needle-case-book-exchange-t169166.html)

jeaninmaine 12-06-2011 05:09 PM

question no.1- either

question no.2 - florals, frogs, owls, quilt designs, geometrics

TiltedEars 12-06-2011 05:20 PM

question 1: either is great
question 2: anything "winter" (snow, wintry landscapes, snowmen), streams, waterfalls, birds... everything outdoors! :)

Judith1005 12-06-2011 05:44 PM

Question 1, I lean toward whimsical. Now, that's not to say I wouldn't enjoy traditional either. (lol)
Question 2, I am starting to love 30's prints. And I love turtles. (And they so don't go toghter, lol)

But in the end, I wouldn't want to restrict my partner in any way. I will love whatever they take the time to come with. I love homemade items. Seriously, I love seeing whatever someone else comes up with. Your all such a creative bunch of quilters. I am constantly inspired. :)

abdconsultant 12-06-2011 05:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is another needle case I made, a modified Eleanor Peace Bailey pattern.

Judith1005 12-06-2011 06:10 PM

abdconsultant, That is great and creative. I love it.

Jan Rutherford 12-06-2011 06:35 PM

OOHHHH The Swim queen is SOOOO cute! all that I have seen are really cute! Am looking forward to this swap, and getting our SWAP PAl name. Gotta get the CHRISTMAS gifts "DONE" first before I think of needle bks, however i have been looking at lots on the web sites, SO many to start the creative juices going. VERY busy making small christmas tree wall hangings, and pillow cases.... and the hands are feeling it! HOT water feels so good on the hands when I put away the sewing for the evening. (HUM.... thats not until 10:00 pm. )

sew1096 12-06-2011 09:04 PM

Your bonnet turned out so cute SulaBug. I have seen that pattern before but never made up. I really like it.

And your beach lady Abdconsultant is precious. I've never seen such a needlecase. I love it.

Your are both so talented!

LindaC 12-07-2011 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs Shak (Post 4757911)
I was wondering if you all could answer a couple of questions for me so when we get our partners I can get started a little faster. ;)

Do you like a "traditional" needle case or is something a little whimsical fine?

What are a couple of things you like to look at (not people please)?

Question 1: Either (I just like the surprise of not knowing what I am going to get)
Question 2: I love flowers, trees, night sky, moon, birds, snowflakes

LindaC 12-07-2011 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant (Post 4758127)
Here is another needle case I made, a modified Eleanor Peace Bailey pattern.

This is a masterpiece.

brushandthimble 12-07-2011 04:15 AM

Mrs Shak,
Great questions, thanks for asking!
I#1 either
#2 think nature, birds, bees, leaves etc.

I keep flip floping on what/which to make. I have a great pattern for one I did a couple of years ago, first thought of doing that one, but I think I need to change it up...

Originally Posted by Mrs Shak (Post 4757911)
I was wondering if you all could answer a couple of questions for me so when we get our partners I can get started a little faster. ;)

Do you like a "traditional" needle case or is something a little whimsical fine?

What are a couple of things you like to look at (not people please)?

My answers:
Do you like a "traditional" needle case or is something a little whimsical fine? either

What are a couple of things you like or like to look at (not people please)?
owls, rainbows, the moon & stars, leaves, dragons