Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Needle Case/Book Exchange (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/needle-case-book-exchange-t169166.html)

jeaninmaine 12-06-2011 05:24 AM

For a hand quilter it could probably be anything over an inch and a half. Those needles are really tiny and as long as it's big enough to hold the needles it's good. I have size 12 quilting needles that are about an inch long. Of course not too many people hand quilt any more so they'd probably want it larger to use for regular sewing needles.

SulaBug 12-06-2011 11:22 AM

I have made two proto types so far!! :D

1 Attachment(s)
Good Morning everyone,

I just have to share a picture of the two needlle cases that I have made so far. Boy, these cute little things can be so addicting, can't they? :D I still want to make some more, so keep an eye out for pictures to come!! :D Hope everyone else is having as much fun working on their proto type's too.
Happy Stitching to all,
Cheryl
Sulabug
:D :D :D

jeaninmaine 12-06-2011 12:10 PM

They're great, did you take a picture of them open? I'd love to see it. I think I have a pattern somewhere for a bonnet one like that but I haven't dared try it yet.

TiltedEars 12-06-2011 12:45 PM

SulaBug, I love what you've done so far. Really pretty. I have a few obligations ahead of this one that must be covered before I get to play around with these. You're making me anxious!

Veronika 12-06-2011 01:09 PM

hello, did you get my pm? I sent out on 12-02-2011. Please send me a little information.
greetings - Veronika

Judith1005 12-06-2011 02:06 PM

sula bug, they are both adorable. this is going to be such a fun swap.

my prototype didn't work out very well today. but, after doing a lot wrong, I do know how to go back and do it right. so tomorrow, I will be starting again. I am super excited and it's going to be great. :)

Judith1005 12-06-2011 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Veronika (Post 4757429)
hello, did you get my pm? I sent out on 12-02-2011. Please send me a little information.
greetings - Veronika

Hi Veronika, How are you today. Information and names will come out soon. I think on the 10th. Just a few more days.

It's going to be so much fun :).

jillnjo 12-06-2011 02:55 PM

Sula bug, those are both adorable!! I bought some wool scraps at a LQS and think I might try something with them. I need a needle case myself and could use more than one, so I can experiment!

Mrs Shak 12-06-2011 04:14 PM

I was wondering if you all could answer a couple of questions for me so when we get our partners I can get started a little faster. ;)

Do you like a "traditional" needle case or is something a little whimsical fine?

What are a couple of things you like to look at (not people please)?

My answers:
Do you like a "traditional" needle case or is something a little whimsical fine? either

What are a couple of things you like or like to look at (not people please)?
owls, rainbows, the moon & stars, leaves, dragons

jillnjo 12-06-2011 05:04 PM

question no.1-either!

question no.2-any kind of birds and birdhouses, baskets, leaves.