Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Needlecase Exchange 4 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/needlecase-exchange-4-a-t203483.html)

Blue Cat 10-26-2012 07:09 PM

Well, my understanding is that a simple needlecase is all that is required, but some make a hussif. The hussifs are well received. Look up previous needle case swaps to see pictures. Have fun. Some people add little gifts like needle, fabric or such, but you don't have to. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by craft phanatic (Post 5609493)
I have a question. Are we supposed to make just like a needle book type think or can it be more like a hussif that holds needle scissors and maybe even a small pin cushion? I'm going to PM and join and have a few ideas but I wanted to make sure I was on the right track first. Oh, and can anyone tell me where pictures are being posted of previous needle case swaps? Maybe that would help me too!

NanaKathy55 10-27-2012 03:11 AM

Hi all
This will also be my first needle-case..so they will probably all be wonderful...Can't wait to see everyone's
Kathy

lynnie 10-27-2012 05:02 PM

I like to add fancy, anr since its a holiday swap, ill need to add extra stuff.

CarolinePaj 10-28-2012 02:20 PM

Hi Everyone,

I will be closing sign-ups in the next few hours so now is the time to get your PM in!

Hugs

Caroline

craft phanatic 10-29-2012 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 5615130)
Well, my understanding is that a simple needlecase is all that is required, but some make a hussif. The hussifs are well received. Look up previous needle case swaps to see pictures. Have fun. Some people add little gifts like needle, fabric or such, but you don't have to. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks Blue Cat! I'm a little nervous but very excited for this exchange! This is my first needle book swap also but I'm up for the challenge! Plus, thanks to Sandy, it looks like I will have a few free days to do some hand stitching for the case cover! I need something to do if the power does go out so this will be perfect! Take care everyone!

shortmom5 10-29-2012 06:05 AM

Praying all in the path of Sandy are ready and in a safe place.

CarolinePaj 10-29-2012 02:30 PM

Hi Guys,

Hugs

Caroline

Blue Cat 10-29-2012 10:08 PM

My prayers to all in Sandy's path, too. In the meantime, craft phanatic, enjoy the few days off.

craft phanatic 10-30-2012 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 5622683)
My prayers to all in Sandy's path, too. In the meantime, craft phanatic, enjoy the few days off.

Thanks Blue Cat! I've only had one day off since the beginning of August. I don't like the reason for having off but I am so exhausted that I'll take a day or two off any way I can get them! I can't hardly believe this storm. It is unbelievable how devastating it is.

lynnie 10-30-2012 10:50 AM

We made it thru the storm here on long island.
now, on to faancing up for my swap partnwe...cant wait to get my name.
Ill be cking back about once and hour now...i get neorotic about this.
happy quilting.