Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Needlecase Exchange (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/needlecase-exchange-t188044.html)

nancia 06-26-2012 11:27 AM

i have not been getting posts!! somehow my subscription got dropped. anyway, i have finished my first needle case and will send it out tomorrow, BUT i am so unhappy with the way it came out i will be sending a better one when i make it! i don't want to miss the deadline and make anyone have to wait. so please forgive the first one and wait for the 2nd, please!

CarolinePaj 06-26-2012 12:54 PM

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I posted my eedlecases today. I have two partners as I missed somebody and had to pair myself with two... (lucky me).

Hugs

Caroline

Neesie 06-26-2012 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5318669)
i have not been getting posts!! somehow my subscription got dropped. anyway, i have finished my first needle case and will send it out tomorrow, BUT i am so unhappy with the way it came out i will be sending a better one when i make it! i don't want to miss the deadline and make anyone have to wait. so please forgive the first one and wait for the 2nd, please!

Awwww, I bet the first one is just fine and the new owner will be very happy with it! I think we tend to be a lot harder on our own work, than on others'. :)

JuneBillie 06-26-2012 02:32 PM

My sweet swap partner got her needle book I sent her today. I am so glad you like it Caroline. It was the first time I had sent across the pond. She is planning to put up some pictures in the next few days.
Nancia, I am with Neesie, I am sure it is just right. You made it with your love so how could it not be? I am still learning, but the swaps help me to push each time just a little bit more. I have my first needle case here I made for myself, and it is pretty bad compared to the later ones. Nancia, I can't wait to see it, so I can enjoy it too.

Suzan88 06-26-2012 02:52 PM

Nancia I agree with Neesie and JuneBillie. This an opportunity to try different techniques, fabrics and designs. Happily it's an exchange, not a competition. Whatever you have made will be perfectly acceptable to your partner, I'm sure. :)

JuneBillie 06-26-2012 07:12 PM

Nancia, we want to see it, right now!!!! :D Just kidding!!

nancia 06-26-2012 07:23 PM

darn, ladies! i'd love to show it to you, but it's all wrapped up and addressed and ready to be mailed in the morning. oh, wow, i forgot to take a picture of it!! i use so much tape i just can't unwrap it. but my secret friend will get it, and maybe show it. or not, as it will be.

JuneBillie 06-26-2012 11:38 PM

Yes, maybe she will take a pic, and show it.

peaceandjoy 06-27-2012 02:02 AM

When I signed up for this swap, I didn't stop to think about how crazy my life is this time of year! I am a secretary at a local high school and one of my major "projects" is prepping for graduation. Very long days that leave me exhausted. Throw in a few "life incidents" as DD calls them and June has been chaotic!

My sending partner was obviously ready before she got my name - my package arrived the day after I got the name of the person I was to send to! I didn't want to open my pkg until I had one ready to send. The one I am sending is ready to go; after I make a quick stop on my way home this afternoon I will be packaging it up for mailing tomorrow.

I'll have to post a picture of my rec'd one from Quiltymom (Sue) later... haven't used my camera in a while so it needs to be charged. It's so pretty - the fabric is lovely and it closes with a very pretty ribbon, which I think is a really great idea. She also sent me some of the coasters that hold a wine glass; they are done in a patriotic fabric so are just perfect for the upcoming 4th of July!

peaceandjoy 06-27-2012 02:15 AM

Oh, forgot to send a hint or two on where mine is going - although the list has been narrowed down a bit as so many have been received...

The needlecase I made will be heading south. When driving to our FL home, we often stay overnight in her home state at is it just over half way. She's married and a very busy woman! I did wait to get her color preference before starting to make her needlecase - she made it quite easy in that respect.