Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW Dear Jane Block Swap - Spirit of Winter - Blue/White/Gold - Sign-up Closed 1 Jan 10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-dear-jane-block-swap-spirit-winter-blue-white-gold-sign-up-closed-1-jan-10-a-t26362.html)

kluedesigns 10-26-2009 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by crickets
Hi there - I'd like to do a second block. May I do B-13 please? Thank you!

:D

someone is already doing B13.

the following blocks are available and they aren't that hard to put together.

D5
E3
H3
J2
J6
J7
K4
L3

kluedesigns 10-26-2009 09:23 AM

Oops - saw that one was already taken. How about E-10?

you can do E10 - plus i put up a list of other blocks you might want to check out.

just let me know your final choice.

crickets 10-26-2009 09:49 AM

Okay, last change I promise! Just looked at the list you posted, and the J-6 speaks to me. My daughter's name starts with a "J" and she is turning 6 years old soon. Plus, no applique! The stars have aligned perfectly.

Thx for allowing me to be a wee fickle. :lol:

kluedesigns 10-26-2009 09:53 AM

Okay, last change I promise! Just looked at the list you posted, and the J-6 speaks to me. My daughter's name starts with a "J" and she is turning 6 years old soon. Plus, no applique! The stars have aligned perfectly.

Thx for allowing me to be a wee fickle. :lol:

Moderator's note: Dear Jane is a registered trademark. DJ BOM programs available commercially through quilt shops all require purchase of the book. They have all taken the additional step of getting permission from the author/publisher. We can neither authorize, encourage nor condone sharing copies of the pattern. Participants in the swap must be required to buy the book, the software, or both.

buddy'smom 10-27-2009 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, his will be my other block for the swap.

luvmortherest 10-27-2009 03:38 PM

that is just gorgeous buddy'smom

kluedesigns 10-27-2009 06:20 PM

it looks great, buddy

luvmortherest 10-27-2009 06:58 PM

i'm jealous and can't wait to start on my blue and white and gold.

buddy'smom 10-27-2009 10:41 PM

Thanks ladies, can't wait to see everyone's else's blocks.

sandpat 10-28-2009 05:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Buddy's Mom...that is beautiful!

OK..finally, here is my block. You can see what a MUCH better idea it was to fussy cut something for the middle. I stole that idea from wvdek who did this block on the Christmas swap... :D

The color isn't quite right, but they are brighter than Buddy's Mom's block..Is that a wrong color blue? I can start over if I need to...what do ya'll think? Too bright???

I started with the solid center...now doing all floral centers..so all my blocks will be like that. I'll just keep the boring ones.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49888[/ATTACH]