Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW SWAP! Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-swap-disappearing-four-patch-quilt-blocks-t235189.html)

MaryMo 11-22-2013 11:53 AM

Thanks jclinganrey .... when I re-read the blog, I saw that the cuts were 1" from the middle seam .... makes sense to me now. Duh! light bulb came on! This sounds like a fun swap and I want to play!

jclinganrey 11-22-2013 12:43 PM

Updated on signed up swappers:

creatfourpaws

nurse bonnie
mom-6
lauriejo
groovy pieces
jaba
MaryMo

Thanks!

createfourpaws 11-22-2013 12:49 PM

Can I make a suggestion.......how about adding the month in the title for which month the swap is for. Since it is middle to middle......could include Dec/Jan.

Just a suggestion....would make it easier to find the one we are following.

jclinganrey 11-22-2013 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws (Post 6419073)
Can I make a suggestion.......how about adding the month in the title for which month the swap is for. Since it is middle to middle......could include Dec/Jan.

Just a suggestion....would make it easier to find the one we are following.

Brilliant idea and just what I was thinking too. Learning curve here - - -

Jane

MaryMo 11-22-2013 08:21 PM

Still looking at at the directions and thinking. The tutorial in the instructions shows using only 2 fabrics for the 4-patch but in the sample quilt all four squares for the 4-patch are different fabrics. Will it matter to other swappers which example is used?
or am I putting too much thought into these blocks?

jclinganrey 11-23-2013 09:17 AM

MaryMo -

The link is for instruction purposes only as there may be someone who has never made a D4P. Each month we will have a different theme so while the basic instructions will be the same, the colors, etc. will change.

For December, there is a lot more room for 'playing'. Please use one black/white square, one white/black square and two different bright colors that 'read' as solid. They can be any combination, by the way.

So, you are absolutely right. ". . . all four squares for the 4-patch are different fabrics." Very good observation on your part.

Hope that helps!

Jane

jclinganrey 11-23-2013 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by MaryMo (Post 6418843)
D4P question: Are there restrictions on the size of the cuts in the 4P to make the D4P?

This sounds like a fun activity and will make a beautiful quilt.

I just realized I didn't answer your question! So sorry. Yes, please make your cuts ONE INCH from each side of the center seam. Turn and repeat as per the instructions in the link.

In future swaps, I might make some changes for a given month. We'll see. . . I also have some really fun modifications planned for future months. (I have to keep you gals curious, right??) Never a dull moment!

Jane

jclinganrey 11-23-2013 09:38 AM

I forgot to put BRIGHT in the original instruction page for December. Please use any combination of brights in: red/yellow/blue/orange/green/purple. I just don't want there to be any confusion!

Jane

deenatoo 11-23-2013 10:46 PM

I would like to sign up also....not sure how many sets right now.
Gerri

Dragonfly Nana 11-24-2013 10:13 AM

Oooohhhh Black/White/Bright - I am so going to join this one. sending PM now