Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

dreamer2009 10-03-2013 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 6329481)
You couldn't pay me to buy a Dodge product or any Chrysler product. I wouldn't even take one if it was full of gold and given to me. Ok, I'd keep the gold and give away the vehicle.

what if it was FULL OF FABRIC ?

Leota 10-03-2013 09:44 PM

We have an F250 diesel 1988 yes it ran... then we changed the fuel filter and it quit... then DH got sick :(... but if you can get it running.....mechanic friend (ASE master certified diesel) said that those trucks have to be primed even though they are self priming...it needs a new coat of paint so you can paint it brown :D...
You have to come get it :D

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 6328933)
If you REALLY want to know who your person is....I accept
1. Cash
2.Cash
3.Cash
4. fabric
5. Long Arm machine and set up
6. New Ford F150 Truck-brown in color and HAS to be driveable. NO TOYS ALLOWED!
7. Did I mention cash?

m-fay 10-03-2013 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by VickiM (Post 6327243)
Wow!!! Chatty people...naughty & nice!!! Love it.......I haven't gotten my ss name yet, patiently waiting. I hope I gave my person enough to work with...a couple of things I forgot to add....our little shitzu is no bigger than our cat...they play well together as they are best buds. Greta (dog) is mostly blind & has lost most of her teeth & has terrible allergy (not food) problems...so anything for her to eat needs to be small & softish & toys are very small squeeky toys. We adopted her about 4 years ago (she was a neglect, abuse, puppymill situation & was going to be "put down" so we saved her & she is ABSOLUTELY spoiled rotten! :)) She's about 10 years old now. Kneedy (cat) loves puff balls & mice. Hates all other cats (too many fights while ferril, I think) but loves any dog that tolerates cats. I think he must have hung out with dogs while he roamed. That's the 4-legged kids. I hope I gave enough to you about sewing likes & dislikes for me...I say sewing because I do it all (check out my posts in other threads). I have most rulers & gadgets, threads, stabilizers, etc. I don't have alot of room for "dust collectors" even though I like them, so prefer not to get them. Love scraps & handmade as I said. Actually, I'm fairly easy to please. Love chocolate (but no pecans or walnuts)...I have recently become addicted to Werther's cinnamon/carmel hard candies even though they are not chocolate. I always have a bag of them handy in my sewing room; suck on them & sew--not messy! :) I am sorry, girls, I cannot join you in the hole (the claustrophia would get to me unless it is about 2 miles around & I could still see out--not fun, but very true!), so I will just say "hi" & leave you to your fun & try to make some fun with the ones NOT in the hole...that's fun too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to get some last minute things done for the craftshow this weekend...check back later. Teri, thanks for doing the great job you're doing & feel better soon!

Hi Vicki.I was sitting on the rim of the hole and somebody pushed me in!. It is fun down here but I keep sneaking back on top cos there's lots fun there to!

m-fay 10-03-2013 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nelco (Post 6328671)
Did I say I like fun,happy,funky socks. I like doing the happy dance in them. :D

Does anyone have a pattern to knit sox?

Leota 10-03-2013 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 6329521)
Does anyone have a pattern to knit sox?

check out Knitting Daily or You Tube

Cindy60545 10-04-2013 12:02 AM

Sulabug, How could I have gotten you? Terri mixes us up so well that we never know who has who. Hence the hints. Hint for today: I've spent a lot of time in your state! (Figure that one out, as I delivered food for 20 years in an 18-wheeler all over the US!)

Knitette 10-04-2013 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6329461)
Found on redneck driveway, huh? If you ever get your Dodge stuck in a ditch, just raise the hood and stand beside it. Before long, a couple of rednecks will drive up in a Ford, grab a tow chain from the bed, and pull your truck out for you. They'll also offer you something to drink and tow you home, if needed. :thumbup: They'll also let you listen in on some good ole' country music. :)

I'm waaay out of sync with this thread - you're all active while I sleep, then when I get on line in the morning you're all sleeping! :rolleyes: I can barely keep up!

Anyway - the 'redneck' comment caught my eye. I thought 'redneck' was someone who lived in the South and worked outdoors, like a farmer............... until I caught a programme the other night.............................. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo :shock: :eek:

SulaBug 10-04-2013 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 6329538)
Sulabug, How could I have gotten you? Terri mixes us up so well that we never know who has who. Hence the hints. Hint for today: I've spent a lot of time in your state! (Figure that one out, as I delivered food for 20 years in an 18-wheeler all over the US!)

Oh Cindy...........your just gave it away!! :( Now I know your person can't be me, as she must live in Florida.You mentioned Florida a lot in your past postings!! POUT...POUT.... No worries thought, as I just know whoever has my name will make me very HAPPY!!
:D :D :D :D

Airwick156 10-04-2013 01:43 AM

I cant remember what info I gave for my ss person. So, I will give some info here just in case my ss needs ideas.

I have no stash as my husband and I seperated at the beginning of the year and I was not able to take any of my stuff so I am very slowly starting to get fabrics.
My favorite color is brown solids or prints. One day Im planning on making myself a brown bargello quilt when and if I get enough fabrics for it.
I collect salt and pepper shakers and souvineer spoons. I love to receive used items such as magazines and templates. I love homemade items and would love a large pin cushion. I have a singer sew mate sewing machine my daughter gave to me and could use size 15 bobbins and sewing machine needles, seam rippers I never can find after Ive used them. And because im visually handicapped I could use those little wire needle threaders. I use cone thread and put it in a coffee cup since I dont have one of those tall thread things of which I have no clue what they are called. I really want a double wedding ring quilt template, patterns and notions. I am allergic to roses and vanilla.

Hope that helps whomever got me for their partener. This is my first time doing the secret santa and am very excited.

antiquegirl68 10-04-2013 02:34 AM

I also can not remember what I put on my SS list so I thought I would add a few more things to my list: thread, scissors, rotary cutters. I do not have a lot of stash and would love some fabric, I am very down to earth and I am thankful for anything.