Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

Nelco 10-04-2013 11:40 AM

Holy Scraps. I have been on here over 1 1/2 hours catching up from my last post yesterday. I can't handle wool either. I like the rum without the coconut. not fond of coconut. I have 3 sizes of the twister template. and you can cut little squares after you cut out the twister for a scrappy something. Oh! did I mention that I have been collecting frogs. Crazy right. I have the quilt calculator and I don't use it that much. OK girls here I come down the hole for awhile.

ArizonaKAT 10-04-2013 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh how sweet!

All my babies are rescues from the desert. There for a period of time when the economy was really bad, I would wake up almost daily and find another baby on my doorstep. None of them as famous as your Huggie Bear.

If you read the post about my chevy truck, I forgot to mention my regular passenger. Her name is Nipper and she is Furocious! (HA HA HA)

Originally Posted by blondeslave (Post 6330445)
Huggie Bear is one of 3 basset hounds that let me live with them and just turned 11 in July. I always tell people that she is the bane of my existence and one of the greatest loves of my life. She was the wildest puppy I have ever rescued and still one of the most ornery critters I've ever met. When she's mad at me she flings items into the foyer. She favors breakables. Life wouldn't be half as much fun without her. We just did a fundraiser for Senior Hounds Abound basset rescue and HB raised enough moolah to become their 2014 November calendar girl. Her collar charm in the avatar says, "Bite Me".

blondeslave 10-04-2013 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 6330465)
Oh how sweet!

All my babies are rescues from the desert. There for a period of time when the economy was really bad, I would wake up almost daily and find another baby on my doorstep. None of them as famous as your Huggie Bear.

If you read the post about my chevy truck, I forgot to mention my regular passenger. Her name is Nipper and she is Furocious! (HA HA HA)

What a great smile!

ArizonaKAT 10-04-2013 11:58 AM

Yeah, she's happy, happy, happy! (as quoted from Phil, Duck Dynasty)

Originally Posted by blondeslave (Post 6330493)
What a great smile!

KGoodhand 10-04-2013 12:03 PM

Wow!!! This is a busy thread!!!! Took me about 45 mins to catch up again!!!!
I would like to thank my SS for posting some more ideas!! It will really help me out!!!
I do have an idea for my SS - I would like to get an ornament of some sort that kind of represents where you live! a Christmas ornament would be great since it is a Christmas swap! A couple years ago I received a really cute pepper with a cowboy hat and boots and a happy holidays sign!! Ilove this kind of thing!!

huntannette 10-04-2013 12:06 PM

Here is a French one for anyone wanting to sing in French with me ...

Écoutez les clochettes
Du joyeux temps des fêtes
Annonçant la joie
Dans chaque cœur qui bat
Au royaume du bonhomme hiver

Sous la neige qui tombe
Le traîneau vagabonde
Semant tout autour
Des chansons d´amour

Le voilà qui sourit sur la place
Son chapeau, sa canne et son foulard
Il semble nous dire d´un ton bonasse :
"Ne voyez-vous donc pas qu´il est tard?"

Il dit vrai tout de même
Près du feu, je t´emmène
Allons nous chauffer dans l´intimité

Le voilà qui sourit sur la place
Son chapeau, sa canne et son foulard
Il semble nous dire d´un ton bonasse :
"Ne voyez-vous donc pas qu´il est tard?"

Il dit vrai tout de même
Près du feu, je t´emmène
Allons nous chauffer dans l´intimité

Sdwill 10-04-2013 12:07 PM

I got Mom admitted to the hospital yesterday afternoon in Shreveport. They are wearing her out with test today. When I was headed back last night I noticed a sign about a quilt show this weekend. I'm heading back down in the morning so I hope I can break away from the hospital long enough to hit the quilt show and do some shopping for my SS. If not, Hancock's and the Hobby Lobby aren't to far from the hospital she is in and I know of a quilt shop in Bossier City I can hit on the way home. :)

Neesie 10-04-2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by blondeslave (Post 6330358)
I tried joining in last year but no body wanted to play with me so I went back into hiding. Still enjoyed reading and putting my box together.

Sometimes you just have to barge into the room and start yelling. That's pretty much what I did, this year. :D The hole-dwellers are very friendly and we'll even share our goodies with you. Come on dowwwwwwwn! :thumbup:

Neesie 10-04-2013 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6330365)

NESSIE
forgot to tell you I couldn't sleep last night
so went on a raid in the middle of the night.
there is a huge variety I have just stocked into the hole.
have you seen it.

Is that how all that yummy fabric got down here?!? Thought I was still asleep and dreaming! :) Ohhhh, I'd like to just burrow into all that and take a nice, cozy nap! We just may have to give you back your halo, after all! Ummmmmm, I mean HELP YOU FIND your halo! :thumbup:

Neesie 10-04-2013 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6330408)
Dashing through the snow
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh
Hey, jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way
Hey, dashing through the snow in a one horse open sleigh
O'er the fields we go laughing all the way, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha
Bells on bob tails ring, making spirits bright
What fun it is to ride and sing a sleighing song tonight
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way
Hey, jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way