Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

Judith1005 10-09-2013 04:52 AM

After much thought, I just want to let my Secret Santa know, I do not expect homemade. Homemade anything is nice to me. Bookmarks, mug rug, cheery or art like wall hangings are very welcome. A pretty candle mat or table runner is nice also. I just don't want to put anyone to too much trouble. Secret Santa is fun! (No stress, no worries.)

I am having a great time both filing my Santa box and making some delightful goodies. I share this experience with my mom as well and she has just as much fun helping me decide what to put in the box and what to create or buy. I don't seem to see any clues that apple to me. But, I'm not that well versed about the area I live in. I've been transplanted here from FL and really miss home. So, if I haven't even gotten a "clue", forgive me. :) lol

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 6338372)
Ok Dreamer, here's the measurements of my machine, just in case my Secret Santa has a few minutes to turn out a cover for me. My machine in 16 1/2" long by 7 1/4" wide by 11 1/2" tall. Hope this helps you Santa. I wonder if my giftee needs one also. hm, will have to ponder on that for a bit. I guess I'll go spy ahem, I mean eavesdrop, oops, I meant peak in on my Secret Giftee and see if she has mentioned anything anywhere else. :) I do come here daily and have a look around.

sewnsewer2 10-09-2013 05:04 AM

Judith, where in FL??

Judith1005 10-09-2013 05:29 AM

I just bought this ruler this week at Elenor Burns Shop. All because of this You Tube tutorial.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2gKMx9CCM I'm going to make my monthly bee block this month trying out this tutorial and the ruler. I'll let you know how I like it. I've paper pieced before, but, really had no concept on how to do it. This really made it easy to understand. (I never could figure out how they got those perfect 1/4 in. seams.) Now I know. I'm a self taught quilter and can't really afford to take classes right now. A board member JeanieG posted this suggested tutorial over on the "Spike Your English" (here) http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...t227252-8.html back in August. I love how informative and helpful fellow QB'rs are. I'm sure everyone will want this handy little gadget.

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 6339005)
oh sounds like a awesome ruler.......

m-fay 10-09-2013 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 6337652)
Here's a pic of the desert in the fall.

When a desert blooms,its like seeing a miracle

m-fay 10-09-2013 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Likethedog (Post 6337770)
Hmmm... I'm almost as far west of the Mississippi as can be (on the mainland, at least).

Keep going west...over the ocean and it could be me! Is it????

m-fay 10-09-2013 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom (Post 6338452)
My DIL has it, too...I picked up the zinc to ward off a case of it. She is trying very hard not to spread it, but we all know how bad it is....

I'm going to show my ignorance again! How can zinc ward off anything? Dont you just plaster it on your face to stop sunburn?

buddy'smom 10-09-2013 05:59 AM

Oh I have one of these and love it, if your doing much smaller PP a 1/8" is even better.

Originally Posted by Nelco (Post 6338752)
I just thought of something I would LOVE to have. And it would help with my paper piecing. it is called 1/4" ruler that has a lip on it at the 1/4 mark. I am going to the MQX Thursday to check out all the wonderful quilts.

sewnsewer2 10-09-2013 06:11 AM

I don't know but I am taking it in a cough drop & it helping!

Quilty-Louise 10-09-2013 06:32 AM

Sorry I have not been "talkative" the last few days.

Have been dealing with the crud, after a week I decided it has
gone on long enough so I called to make a Dr. appt. to bad it
isn't until 1pm.

This crud turned into more than just a sore throat, and aches
it has now reached the opoint where I have come down with
pink eye and a friend told me when she had all the same symptoms
I have that hers ended up being walking pneumonia. I sure hope
I don't have that.

I stopped working on my SS package when I started getting sick
and I WON'T even attempt to go back to it until I am completely
better.

Neesie 10-09-2013 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 6339208)
Sorry I have not been "talkative" the last few days.

Have been dealing with the crud, after a week I decided it has
gone on long enough so I called to make a Dr. appt. to bad it
isn't until 1pm.

This crud turned into more than just a sore throat, and aches
it has now reached the opoint where I have come down with
pink eye and a friend told me when she had all the same symptoms
I have that hers ended up being walking pneumonia. I sure hope
I don't have that.

I stopped working on my SS package when I started getting sick
and I WON'T even attempt to go back to it until I am completely
better.

{{{{{{{ Hugs }}}}}}} I hope the doctor can prescribe a 'quick fix' med, for you! Feel better!!!