Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

tlrnhi 10-12-2013 11:23 AM

Home baked goodies are good to send, but like was mentioned, send closer to opening date UNLESS you can seal them so they don't go bad. If you do send goodies and are worried about them going bad, I suggest you send them in a separate package and allow your person to open them right away. Don't put anything else in the package except for a note/card saying they are allowed to eat them while waiting for opening day.

Leota 10-12-2013 11:43 AM

One year, I did "The 12 days of Christmas" and had 12 separate packages that sent out every other day.... Each gift had something to do with the 12 gifts of Christmas :) .... it was a ton of fun AND kept my santaeee in the Wonder mode :D

Pat625 10-12-2013 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6344630)
I have a question, for all of you (hoping my SS will also answer). How do you feel about home-baked goodies, in your SS gift? Please be honest, as not everyone is comfortable about eating something, a stranger has sent.

The only problem I can see is if it is too perishable. I was thinking of sending something like that, but box separately with open right away..Fudge etc would be ok to wait on if well wrapped. I once opened a box with chocolate that melted all over stuff

Knitette 10-12-2013 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 6344481)
Oh my, that's almost a heart stopper. I adore fat quarters. Isn't most fabric manufactured in Europe? It's terrible the price you pay for fabric. I don't believe there is a fabric manufacturer left in the U.S. I will have to do a little research on this. Or anyone, feel free to chime in if you so desire.

I'm not aware of any fabric being manufactured in Europe on any significant scale. Most of it is manufactured in China, India and the US - Y'all are the third largest producer in the world.
We import nearly all of ours from you, although some of the big manufacturers - such as Hoffman, Kaufmann, etc. will have distributors here or elsewhere in Europe.

SulaBug 10-12-2013 11:57 AM

Baked goods are just fine for me, just send them my way!! :D I love home made Christmas candy, yum-yum.
:D :D :D :D

Leota 10-12-2013 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6344630)
I have a question, for all of you (hoping my SS will also answer). How do you feel about home-baked goodies, in your SS gift? Please be honest, as not everyone is comfortable about eating something, a stranger has sent.

I love goodies but just recently found out that I allergic to soy, milk & gluten - not celiac YET So I'm experimenting with cooking with Almond milk.
Talk about limiting what you eat... it's ridiculous...
l

Neesie 10-12-2013 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 6345217)
Everyone has ONLY ONE person that they are sending to and they are receiving from. NO ONE has more than one!

Everyone has only one SS, from this particular swap. However, there are other boards, which have other Secret Santa swaps. There are sewing boards, dog breed boards, knitting/crochet boards, etc. Some people post on more than just the Quilting Board.

dreamer2009 10-12-2013 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 6345217)
Everyone has ONLY ONE person that they are sending to and they are receiving from. NO ONE has more than one!

Terri this has to do with some one who is also swapping on another board.

Neesie 10-12-2013 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6345131)
Mary Did You Know

Mary, did you know
That your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Did you know
That your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know
That your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that youve delivered
Will soon deliver you

Mary, did you know
That your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Did you know
That your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know
That your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby
Youve kissed the face of god

Mary, did you know?
The blind will see
The deaf will hear
And the dead will live again
The lame will leap
The dumb will speak
The praises of the lamb

Mary, did you know
That your baby boy is lord of all creation?
Did you know
That your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know
That your baby boy is heavens perfect lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding
Is the great I am

One of my favorite songs! Almost always makes me cry. :)

Neesie 10-12-2013 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 6345134)
Are you bringing the coconut rum or shall I?

Lemme see . . . my bottle is only half-full. Yes, please bring some! :thumbup: