Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

Knitette 10-22-2013 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by skaduzy (Post 6360643)
Elvis McJingle here! and I can't even sing!:D

If I was choosing an elf name, that's the one I'd choose as I'm a big E fan (been to Graceland - need I say more? Well........OK.... Tupelo too :o) and the Mc has the Scottish connection.

Instead, I'm Squeezy Pickle Pants. Doesn't have quite the same ring to it. :hunf:

Cindy60545 10-22-2013 02:16 AM

Good morning Santas! I get to stay home & play in my studio today & work on my package. Still have an item or two that I want to make for you. Got an idea of something to pick up for you too that I must check on when I go to town later in the week too. I'm planning on mailing right around the 1st of the month so the torture won't be so bad. If memory serves me correctly, I think opening day was around the 10th of December, time was around 3 p.m. eastern time. Dreamer & SharonB might be able to give a better answer, but it seems to me we established this after the mailing date had past. Where are those two anyway??

Clue for the day: You live west of me.

CookyIN 10-22-2013 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sewflower (Post 6361223)
Having a great time getting my box ready. My question is would it be ok if I sent a yard of fabric instead of the fat quarters?

A yard is a lot of fabric if your Santee doesn't love it as much as you do. I'd stick to the rules and send four fat quarters of different fabrics.

sewnsewer2 10-22-2013 03:08 AM

A yd instead of fats works for me!

Cindy60545 10-22-2013 04:04 AM

I just went & looked in the archives & found we opened SS packages on the 9th of December last year. Which means this year will be the 8th. We just need to establish the time, but it seems to me it was 3 p.m. eastern time. What do ya'll think??

mdall 10-22-2013 04:42 AM

The 8th at 3 is fine with me. I am up for anytime unless its early in the morning, not much of an early bird.

tlrnhi 10-22-2013 05:39 AM

Ya'll need to "fight" amongst yourselves as to when you want to open packages. Have to remember the time differences and all. Must be a consensus.

tlrnhi 10-22-2013 05:41 AM

You could do that if you wish. I know some fabric is just prettier in yard form.
Just make a note that the yard that you send equals the fat quarters.

Originally Posted by Sewflower (Post 6361223)
Having a great time getting my box ready. My question is would it be ok if I sent a yard of fabric instead of the fat quarters?

Stitch124 10-22-2013 07:02 AM

Hi all -- My SS box is on its way and should be arriving at it's final destination tomorrow!!!!

I am fine with December 8 at 3pm for the big OPENING DAY! That's after church and all's quiet in my sewing room at that time. Looking forward to the fun!

Hoping my SS swap partner likes her surprises...

TOOMANYUFO'S 10-22-2013 07:03 AM

I don't have a Joanns in my town. I have to travel 2hrs one way, so I don't get there too often. I have got to get busy and make an item for my SSR and purchase a few more items. She has never posted either.