Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

Neesie 11-12-2013 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156 (Post 6400100)
Well ....... tomorrow is the day this big heavy package leaves for its long long journey. Im actually worried that ut will be opened up by the post office enroute as ive got it taped so well theres no way it will be opened. I have a choice...leave it as packed in this box, or be kind and unpack it and put it in another box with less tape so that they wont decide to inspect it..

I've sent well-taped packages, without any problem. As long as the box isn't only being held together by tape - as in bulging past it's normal breaking point - it'll probably be okay.

Neesie 11-12-2013 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 6400210)
Well, 2 more days til the end of mailing time. Maybe mines winging its way to my Santaee or not. I know they'll love what I have gotten them, made for them, etc. The box is heavy & fragile, so be careful with it.

We've already seen today's high for the day. Cold front coming in this morning & dropping us down into the 40's. Freeze warnings out for tonight too. Winds are going to make it feel even colder too. I think I'll stay in & do some sewing.

Today's clue: you have "waterfront" property.

When I took the dog out this morning, there was a cold, misty wind blowing. It's already dropped from 57 degrees (around 8:30-ish am) to 52 degrees (10:15 am).

BTW, I have 'waterside' property, if our little creek counts. :D

Neesie 11-12-2013 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Kequilts (Post 6400097)
So... they're predicting snow tomorrow... all the way from Iowa to the Northeast I believe. Sounds like a great day for some QUILTING!!!! Anyone working on a Christmas gift? I'm working on batik placemats for my parents who live in Cleveland. My Mom was visiting last week and selected fabrics with me. I wanted to keep them simple so that I'd be sure to have them done in time. Thinking about appliqueing a poppy with a long stem on one side to match their dishes.... Looking forward to seeing a bit of white stuff tomorrow :-)[ATTACH=CONFIG]446454[/ATTACH]

Beautiful! Your mom will love those! :thumbup:

Pat625 11-12-2013 08:33 AM

Tomorrow will be mail out day! My daughter will be off to go to the post office for me. I am a mean person that made someone wait despite having it all ready to go..Less chance they might peek!! LOL

Neesie 11-12-2013 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 6400896)
Tomorrow will be mail out day! My daughter will be off to go to the post office for me. I am a mean person that made someone wait despite having it all ready to go..Less chance they might peek!! LOL

I haven't yet received a package and I'm perfectly fine with that! Can't open it yet, anyway! :)

Dedemac 11-12-2013 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6400863)
When I took the dog out this morning, there was a cold, misty wind blowing. It's already dropped from 57 degrees (around 8:30-ish am) to 52 degrees (10:15 am).
:D

Would love to have 57 or even 52 we still need to rake leaves, its a whole 23 degrees and that is at 11:15 we might get to a whole 30 today:eek:.

madbury 11-12-2013 09:48 AM

Yes - cold in MN the last couple days. Looks like it'll warm up to the high 40s by the weekend, though. But raking, Dedemac? I'm still waiting for the leaves to fall! I think the city lawn waste pick-up ends in the next couple weeks and here I wait for the leaves to come down! I haven't sent out my package yet either, but it's ready. I keep thinking I may add a thing or two (and I might!)...

SulaBug 11-12-2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 6400210)
Today's clue: you have "waterfront" property.

WHAT!! Waterfront property? :shock: I do believe that I mentioned something about waterfront property, but does that include an irrigation canal? I am thinking a creek is more like it. CINDY............I think you are teasing me!!
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 11-12-2013 09:58 AM

I am anxiously waiting for my Secret Santa package to arrive. The anticipation is almost killing me!! :D I guess it's back down in the hole for me & some wormies with sugar cookies & whatever else I can find!!
:D :D :D :D

PenniF 11-12-2013 10:16 AM

still tracking my package....not showing delivered yet. mine, however, is sitting here in my office mocking me !!!!!