Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

Sibi 11-09-2013 02:25 PM

Woohoo, got my SS package in the mail today. What a nice surprise. It doesn't jingle or jangle, but it's a fully loaded box and gonna drive me nuts not being able to open it! I've already hidden it in a drawer so that I don't have to look at it every day and wonder. I'm looking forward to getting together with everyone to open our boxes, should be loads of fun!

I will be sending my SS her package next week. Just got a couple more items to put in the box and it's good to go. It's been loads of fun putting together a nice package for her. I hope she likes everything! Anyways, have a great weekend everyone! :)

VickiM 11-09-2013 06:52 PM

Well, I'm back home for a couple of days, then going to be out of town for 2 weeks again...just got caught up on all the fun here...I finished up the last of the shopping for my ss today, tomorrow I hope to finish the making the last 2 things (it's for the furbabies :)), then get everything wrapped & package will be mailed by deadline. It's so much fun getting it all together...hope she likes it all. I probably won't get back till Thanksgiving...hope everyone has a good one!

huntannette 11-09-2013 07:31 PM

Roasting chestnuts on an open fire....hey we got lots of snow already...is time yet????

Airwick156 11-09-2013 09:56 PM

Last hint for my person since tuesday morning your package will be on its way to you.

Your hint....in the past you have joined the 1.5 inch postage stamp swap.

CookyIN 11-09-2013 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6395889)
OMGosh...you are NOT going to believe this, but I swear it's true. My mom just called to tell me my Dad is putting up the Christmas tree !!!! Now...they ARE in their 80's ....but in answer to the reason why - my Dad said - "It's a short season this year" (referring I guess to how late Thanksgiving is) - and "I want to avoid all the confusion"....we're not quite sure what confusion.....but I told Mom what the heck...put on some Christmas music and go with it !!! At least it's not a REAL tree !!!!!

More power to him! I usually put my tree up the week after Thanksgiving -- but may just do it the week before, now that I've looked at the calendar. It is going to be a short season this year; in fact, Thanksgiving is as late as it can possibly be. And he's right -- without that extra cushion of November before we enter December, it will be a whirlwind as soon as Thanksgiving is over. On the bright side -- it won't seem like we have as long to wait to open our SS packages!

CookyIN 11-09-2013 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 6396462)
Roasting chestnuts on an open fire....hey we got lots of snow already...is time yet????

We're forecast for flurries and highs in the 30s on Tuesday. Waaaaay too early for here!

Airwick156 11-10-2013 12:17 AM

something for my santa secret pal

1 Attachment(s)
I hope this picture uploads. My first attempt.

My secret santa person is getting this in their package. Hundreds of 1.5 inch postage stamp squares. I hope she likes them. Trust me it was ALOT of cutting and this is the reason that my package is so late.

Cindy60545 11-10-2013 02:52 AM

Durn Airwick! That's a lot of cutting! I know it's not coming to me, I've never done anything with 1 1/2" pieces before. Oh who is my Santa? The hints don't fit! Well, there are a few, but not enough to identify that it's me though!

Had a great time at the festival yesterday & picked up just one more item for my Santaee. I know they'll love it!

Hint for today: You love a good mystery!

Judylee2 11-10-2013 03:44 AM

Hunannette can I come roast mashmellows with you. Still too warm to do it here in Florida? I am still waiting for my SS(impatiently eating wormie and sugar cookies...yum!)

Judylee2 11-10-2013 03:46 AM

Did your GS enjoy his well earned treat? More goodies???????????? for me, hehehehe!