Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

sustraley 10-03-2013 03:23 AM

Received my SS name. She must like EVERYTHING!!! Not picky, so that will be fun for me to put things together. Hope I can put together a GREAT box of goodies for her.

buddy'smom 10-03-2013 04:06 AM

Oh, I can't start, have no name?? Bummer!!

sewnsewer2 10-03-2013 04:10 AM

Got my name, thanks Terri.

Cheesehead 10-03-2013 04:50 AM

Thank you Terri, I received my SS name too. My partner doesn't post and there isn't any info on her profile page, so I am really going to have to get creative. When I signed up for this swap I didn't list alot of things I would like, I thought it was just easier to say I liked everything. I do like everything but now I can see how important a little information can be. I do have alot of info on my profile page, that might help my partner with some ideas but I will add a couple more here.

I have 2 embroidery machines * like to use precuts (fq"s charm packs, etc) * enjoy all quilt gadgets especially rulers, I have one twister but have my eye on the X-Block ruler at my LQS(looks like a 9 patch) * pretty much like all colors with the exception of orange * I decorate for all of the holidays * like pin cushions, especially wrist * neutral thread for piecing *

Jan

Crafty1 10-03-2013 04:55 AM

Got my SS Name! Thanks Terri! Sew excited to start filling a gift box!

Judith1005 10-03-2013 04:56 AM

You may want to personal message Terri (tlrnhi). Because it says that all names are out.http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...d-t230050.html It just may be an oversight. She may not read your comment if their is a lot of activity today.

Originally Posted by buddy'smom (Post 6327713)
Oh, I can't start, have no name?? Bummer!!

Jean D 10-03-2013 05:00 AM

Hip-hip hoorayyyyyy!!! I have a name! Oh, busy,busy,busy....unloading kiln this morning, will sort out things to paint for her. So excited, I need to get busy stalking her!

Judith1005 10-03-2013 05:02 AM

It might mean, that your partner truly wants to be surprised and that she will be happy with whatever you send. Have you tried seeing if she has made any comments on the board. Sometimes you can get a feel for you Secret Santa that way. You can find that by clicking on their name (profile) then click on find latest posts. If they've made any. Or, maybe she or he is more just a looker, visitor or reader. I'm sure if you would be please to receive it, they would also be pleased with it.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 6327832)
Thank you Terri, I received my SS name too. My partner doesn't post and there isn't any info on her profile page, so I am really going to have to get creative. When I signed up for this swap I didn't list alot of things I would like, I thought it was just easier to say I liked everything. I do like everything but now I can see how important a little information can be. I do have alot of info on my profile page, that might help my partner with some ideas but I will add a couple more here.

I have 2 embroidery machines * like to use precuts (fq"s charm packs, etc) * enjoy all quilt gadgets especially rulers, I have one twister but have my eye on the X-Block ruler at my LQS(looks like a 9 patch) * pretty much like all colors with the exception of orange * I decorate for all of the holidays * like pin cushions, especially wrist * neutral thread for piecing *

Jan

ljs317 10-03-2013 05:18 AM

I'm one of those that don't post a lot but I am on the quilt board everyday. I love to read everything everyone else posts, but feel that what I have to say no one would be interested in reading. its just how I am. I also have no friends so I consider all of you to be my friends.
To my SS the only thing you really have to know about me is that I really really really hate the color yellow. it makes me feel sad and queasy.
I love to spend my morning on the board and this SS swap is something I look forward to each year so carry on and I do mean carry on you all make me smile and laugh and sometime laugh so hard tears roll down my face. Keep up the good work!!!!

Dedemac 10-03-2013 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by madbury (Post 6327400)
Dedemac - believe it or not I haven't made it to Mills End yet. That's my husband's aunt's favorite shop so I really have no excuse. Maybe I'll check it out this weekend. I've only been in MN for two years so really still learning my way around. I love Millie P's in Anoka and Quilted Treasures in Rogers. They aren't super close, but always worth the trip. Otherwise, Crafty Planet in Northeast is just 10 minutes away. It isn't a quilt shop and their displays are always outdated, but they have lovely fabrics and embroidery patterns. I visited several shops during the MN Shop Hop - just finished a quilt top from the state park fabrics (haven't quilted it yet but the photo is posted on my profile page). I think I'll check out the Fall Harvest Shop Hop in a couple weeks as well. Any excuse to cruise around to the local shops!

I haven't done the shop hops, but want to this fall also. FYI Mill end is also one that is about a year out of date but great prices. They even accept coupons from Joanne's and Hancock.