Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Nine patch swap?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/nine-patch-swap-t295106.html)

Irene C. 03-01-2018 10:57 AM

Nine patch blocks sound great, I would be interested. I like the scrappy look in the link, also two colors plus the back ground cream would make awesome blocks.

givio 03-01-2018 04:34 PM

The link has two prints per block. Is that what you mean by two colors? I agree, using two fabrics per 6" block sounds great. If the 9-patch was made with nine different fabrics, that would be a whole different idea.

In addition, in order to streamline the process of making blocks, it would be helpful to make several alike, using the strip piecing method already mentioned. That could mean, that however many people are in the swap, we could make a set of that many, so that each person in the swap could get one of the set. For example, if 10 people are in the swap, we could sew 10 identical blocks using the strip method to sew them, then keep one for ourselves, and swap the other 9 to each other. Of course, a set could have different blocks, they wouldn't have to be identical.

sewbizgirl 03-01-2018 05:01 PM

That sounds good.

NZquilter 03-01-2018 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 8013943)
The link has two prints per block. Is that what you mean by two colors? I agree, using two fabrics per 6" block sounds great. If the 9-patch was made with nine different fabrics, that would be a whole different idea.

In addition, in order to streamline the process of making blocks, it would be helpful to make several alike, using the strip piecing method already mentioned. That could mean, that however many people are in the swap, we could make a set of that many, so that each person in the swap could get one of the set. For example, if 10 people are in the swap, we could sew 10 identical blocks using the strip method to sew them, then keep one for ourselves, and swap the other 9 to each other. Of course, a set could have different blocks, they wouldn't have to be identical.

Exactly what I was thinking :)

ljptexas 03-02-2018 07:02 AM

I'm interested! But would like to see scrappy (to TRY to reduce stashes) with a dark color for center block & 6 1/2" or larger....

sewbizgirl 03-02-2018 10:50 AM

It's a go! I have received the ok from PatriceJ to host the 9 patch swap. I will be writing up the intro and guidelines probably today and submit them to Patrice. Then I'll post the thread.

Glad there is so much interest. I think it's a fantastic way to use up our scrap 2.5 strips and squares.

Armylady2012 03-02-2018 10:59 AM

I am so glad that this is working out I will see if I am able to join.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8014381)
It's a go! I have received the ok from PatriceJ to host the 9 patch swap. I will be writing up the intro and guidelines probably today and submit them to Patrice. Then I'll post the thread.

Glad there is so much interest. I think it's a fantastic way to use up our scrap 2.5 strips and squares.

obrienwv 03-02-2018 12:37 PM

Thank you for hosting the swap. I have been wanting to take part in a nine patch swap for several years and am SO anxious to start. Will be waiting for the post with all of the details.

sewbizgirl 03-02-2018 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by obrienwv (Post 8014440)
Thank you for hosting the swap. I have been wanting to take part in a nine patch swap for several years and am SO anxious to start. Will be waiting for the post with all of the details.

Coming soon! :o

givio 03-02-2018 03:54 PM

Whoohoo! Spread the word, and gather your friends. Everyone can make a 9-patch easily enough!