Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-2013-pincushion-needlecase-secret-swap-t233213.html)

paintmejudy 10-27-2013 11:59 AM

Ok, Mary, got your PM and have you on my list.

lynnie 10-27-2013 12:54 PM

we will nickel and dime our way to a swap if it kills us.
I think after the holidays we'll have more members joining.
just do it, like nike says. aint no big deal, just make one and you'll see how good you feel.
people used to ask me how I had time to sew wheni worked 2 full time jobs. i'd do it on break and lunch and do machine sewing for 10 min everyday b4 I left for work. you'd be surprised how much you can get done in 10 minutes. even if it's one seam, by the end of the week or two ,you've got a shirt done. really.
so no excuses!!!!

Old_Rosebud 10-28-2013 02:55 PM

how many do we have signed up now? Plan to work on my PC this weekend. Looking forward to seeing pictures of all the beautiful creations!

lynnie 10-28-2013 03:24 PM

rosebud what are you making, can you give us a hint???

paintmejudy 10-28-2013 04:46 PM

Hoping to pick up a few more people, but as of right now we have 7 of us making 11 items.

I think December will be fairly sparse, too, everyone gets so busy with the holidays. But hopefully it will get back to strength in January when the lurkers see that we are here to stay!

lynnie 10-28-2013 05:29 PM

yes, when they come to "lurk" and see the nice pc's and nc's, they're going to be so jealous. they'll be oooohhhhing and aaahhhing, and 'to bad, you're not getting one'. you have to play to get one. i'm pretty much done with Christmas, just need to ship and pack, get my ds and dh's games. and nephews then i'm done.
then I start on Valentines day. have some pc's ready for gifting in jan. still not sure about December yet. but I've got a week or two. i'll start them in nov, next week. we've had a lot in the past, so I think it will get big again,some people just don't know if they have a lot to do or not till the last minute. have a great night everyone.

dotcomdtcm 10-29-2013 07:07 AM

Ok, I will join for 2 pc s. I cannot compete with Lynnie's craftsmanship but I have good ideas.
I made my first pincushion at a Martha Stewart workshop and then made about 100 more!
It's sad that you don't have participants right now, so I will jump back in. Dotty

paintmejudy 10-29-2013 07:07 AM

And Jamimclaugh and dotcomdtcm have joined the group. Welcome, Jami and Dotty.

Dotty, I need your information, copy the form on page 1, fill it out and PM to me. Thanks.

lynnie 10-29-2013 09:20 AM

ohhhhhhh!!!! goodie, goodie, 2 more swappers are here! Dotty, you made 100 of them? that's a lot. what are you planning on doing? I must have been a cat in a previous life, coz the curiosity is killing me.
can't wait to see who I get.

dotcomdtcm 10-29-2013 09:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Lynnie, you know I made all those tomatoes & cupcakes. I hope my partners like Christmas. I just got an idea, but I will wait until partners are assigned.