Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-december-2009-doll-quilt-swap-secret-twist-t27206.html)

omak 01-11-2010 07:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wait until you see THIS ONE!
I didn't include the special chocolate bars, but I have been wanting some for a couple of days now ... Thank you Miss Tammy!
Anyway, I am going to post the pictures of the beautiful little quilt I received, and then I will add an explanation of it later.
Miss Tammy said this quilt was a number of firsts for her: fabric painting, Free Motion Quilting, Free Motion Applique.
I think she deserves a BLUE RIBBON for the wonderful results.
I know! show the pictures already 8-)

note how she has captured the skies of NW Washington!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66957[/ATTACH]

I felt that you needed to see the back to appreciate ALL of the quilting done on this little quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66958[/ATTACH]

Ms Grace 01-11-2010 07:15 PM

That is beautiful! :-D

omak 01-11-2010 07:16 PM

It took me a minute to figure out why Miss Tammy had made me a quilt of a house in the woods, when I live in a high desert! She lives in the same state I do, so I then thought, well, maybe she thinks I miss the trees, and THEN! :idea:
A number of months ago, on a different thread, I was discussing a house from a place where I was born and raised. The first time I had seen this beautiful little house, sitting on the hill, against the forest, the hot pink and apple green GLOWED in the overcast skies of my old stomping grounds.
As you can see, Miss Tammy caught the effect QUITE well.
Thank you, Tammy ... the quilt is very special, you did EXCELLENT work, and it will always make me smile when I look at it - - you went way beyond anything I could have imagined! So cool.
P.S. Hubby takes as much interest in the swaps, also ... when I told him "The house from the Naselle junction!" He said, "It sure IS!" (because he knows how much I have enjoyed it <g>) and then, he started commenting on the sky, trying to figure out how it was done. HE figured out about the fabric painting BEFORE I did! Isn't he clever??? LOL <wave>

Rhonda 01-11-2010 07:24 PM

Oh wow! What a special personalized quilt for you Omak! Such a true treasure for sure!

tuesy 01-11-2010 07:36 PM

WOW!!! this is such a sweet little quilt!! The details are amazing!!

wvdek 01-11-2010 08:30 PM

These last three quilts are great.

tuesy 01-11-2010 08:32 PM

Ms Grace... what a beatiful quilt you've got there! I love the snowmen.... Buttercream Cake Artist did such a fabulous job!!.. but I have to ask.. Where did that candy go?? ;) :lol:

tuesy 01-11-2010 08:33 PM

Bettie..the quilt you made Amma is so adorable.. You're did such a wonderful job!

Janis 01-11-2010 09:01 PM

Just love these last little quilts.

amma 01-11-2010 11:11 PM

I am so glad that you like your quilt omak :D:D:D
I had a lot of fun making it, and I was hoping that I got some of the scene right :wink: