Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-december-2009-doll-quilt-swap-secret-twist-t27206.html)

sewjoyce 01-29-2010 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Hmmm...I'm thinking those are toasts...so I'm raising my coffee cup...I think I'll come back later though so I get to raise the vino.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just because you're drinking from a coffee cup, doesn't mean that you actually have to be drinking COFFEE! :twisted: :twisted:

MadQuilter 01-29-2010 01:23 PM

So has everyone gotten their DQ by now? This has been a fun swap. I have mine hanging on the pin wall (on a hanger) until I find a more permanent spot. It makes me smile every time I see it. (Cuddles to Terri)

Ellen 1 01-29-2010 02:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
So has everyone gotten their DQ by now? This has been a fun swap. I have mine hanging on the pin wall (on a hanger) until I find a more permanent spot. It makes me smile every time I see it. (Cuddles to Terri)

Glad you asked MadQuilter. Yesterday I received my Nov/Dec quilt from Helen (don't know her screen name here). My quilt came from Canada. That was very exciting. The first time I've received mail from out of the country!! As you can see from the photo, the box was damaged, but (Yea!) the contents were in perfect shape.

My quilt is a very nice flying geese pattern (and v-e-r-y good points Helen!!!) I love the colors chosen for this quilt. Before I started quilting I was a black, brown, navy blue person. I'm growing to like other colors now and these are perfect. The free motion quilting has some hearts in it. Helen also sent me a couple books and a pin magnet. Thank you Helen.

Ellen

Ellen 1 01-29-2010 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Ellen 1
Yesterday I received my Nov/Dec quilt from Helen (don't know her screen name here). My quilt came from Canada.

AND I'm not done here yet. Today's mail came and I had another package from Moosegirl. (See I told you you are my new best friend!!!). She sent me a very cute little quilt and the colors just "popped out" at me when I opened the package. I love Amish quilts and that was the first thing I thought of when I saw this one. Thank you so much for thinking of me and "showering me with good things".
Ellen

STAR 01-29-2010 02:08 PM

ooh I love them both

Ellen 1 01-29-2010 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by STAR
ooh I love them both

Yes, and notice how perfect the points are on the geese...actually on both of them. I was going to measure the one from Moosegirl (and of course I forgot--my sometimers kicking in). The picture is deceptive because it is actually about 12" X 12"....

Ellen

Chele 01-29-2010 02:30 PM

Moosegirl, you are such an angel! Thank you for making that gorgeous quilt!

Ellen 1 01-29-2010 03:53 PM

AND I'm STILL not done yet!

Wow. I just came up from my dungeon and have to tell you about these quilts I received. The lighting in my dungeon is not the best. (I actually have 14 lights (my husband counted them when I was saying I needed a light on my machine)....I really do need better lighting there). When I turned and looked at my quilts hanging on my design wall (they were in an unlighted area), they just glowed. The fabrics used looked floresent with the little bit of lighting from the other part of the room!!! Especially the turquoise. Lovely!!!! Ellen

Teacup 01-30-2010 02:03 AM

Those are great, Ellen! What a nice addition to your quilting room!

Thanks, Chele, for organizing these swaps! We all enjoy them.

sandpat 01-30-2010 06:59 AM

Pretty, pretty!!!!